Paul Neville (politician)
|Member of the Australian Parliament|
13 March 1993 – 5 August 2013
|Preceded by||Brian Courtice|
|Succeeded by||Keith Pitt|
20 March 1940|
Liberal National (state, 2010-present)
Paul Christopher Neville (born 20 March 1940), Australian politician, was a National Party member of the Australian House of Representatives from March 1993 to August 2013, representing the Division of Hinkler, Queensland. After the Queensland chapters of the Nationals and Liberals merged in 2008 as the Liberal National Party of Queensland, Neville continued to sit with the Nationals in Parliament.
He was born in Warwick, Queensland, and a theatre supervisor, Queensland State Secretary, Arts Council of Australia and manager of the Bundaberg District Tourism and Development Board before entering politics. Paul Neville was National Party Whip from 1998 until his retirement in 2013.
Credit for preserving the parliament house centenary flag has been given to Neville who on the 18 September 2001 during the centenary of federation would request of the speaker that:
"before it [the flag] becomes too faded or too tattered, [it] be taken down and perhaps offered to a museum or an art gallery as the seminal flag that flew over this building 100 years from the time the first flag was flown?" 
- "The Nationals – Mr Paul Neville MP". National Party of Australia. Archived from the original on 19 July 2008. Retrieved 2009-04-02.
- Commonwealth, Parliamentary Debates, House of Representatives, 18 September 2001, 30853 (Paul Neville)
- Ian Warden, 'How cricketing animals were kept off Australia's national flag', The Canberra Times (Canberra), 4 September 2002, p. 7
- 'Students celebrate as the Australian flag turns 103', The Reporter (Acacia Ridge), 8 September 2004, p. 3
- Annelie Hailes, 'Huge flag for a big country', Courier Mail, 4 September 2009, p. 33
- 'Special day flagged by Central students', The Queensland Times, 2 September 2010, p. 6
- Sarah Harvey, 'Now that’s a flag! Students salute big flag', The Queensland Times, p. 4 September 2012, p. 1
- Chris Owen, ‘Ensign flags a very special Aussie day’, The Queensland Times, 3 September 2013, p. 2
- Iconic flag to tour Warwick, Warwick Daily News, p. 3
|Parliament of Australia|
| Member for Hinkler