||This biographical article is written like a résumé. (December 2008)|
Paul David Nussbaum is an American clinical neuropsychologist and an adjunct associate professor in Neurological Surgery at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine. His major research areas are in Brain Health, Forensic Neuropsychology, Clinical Psychology, Health Care Policy and Aging, and Application of Brain Health. He received the Gloria Cavanaugh Award in 2007 from the American Society on Aging for career training and education in aging.
Nussbaum obtained his B.A. in Psychology in 1985 and his Master's degree in Clinical Psychology in 1987 at the University of Arizona. After completing his M.A., Nussbaum continued to the doctorate program and received his Ph.D in 1991. On the 45th Anniversary of University of Arizona, the university made Nussbaum an honorary alumnus of the class of 1991.
Nussbuam is a consultant in the area of Brain Health in corporate and associations programs, such as Alzheimer's Program Development, Assisted Living for Cognitively Impaired, Geriatric Continuum of Care, MetLife, International Center for Leadership in Education, and Memorial Hospital in South Bend. In addition, he is the Chief Scientific Officer and Co-founder of Vivity Labs, Inc. which runs Fit brains.
- Goldstein, G., Nussbaum, P.D., & Beers, S.R. (1997). Neuropsychology. (Vol. 1 of 3 in Handbook of Human Brain Function: Assessment and Rehabilitation). New York, New York: Plenum Press.
- Nussbaum, P.D. (1997). Handbook of Neuropsychology and Aging. New York, New York: Plenum Press.
- Snyder, P.J., & Nussbaum, P.D. (1998). Clinical Neuropsychology: A Pocket Handbook for Assessment. Washington, D.C., American Psychological Association Press Inc.
- Nussbaum, P. D. (2003). Brain Health and Wellness. Tarentum, PA: Word Association Publishers.
- Nussbaum, P.D. (2005). Guide to Brain Health across the Lifespan. Sponsored by MetLife.
- Snyder, P.J., & Nussbaum, P.D. (2005). Clinical Neuropsychology: A Pocket Handbook for Assessment 2nd edition. Washington, D.C., American Psychological Association Press Inc.
- Nussbaum, P.D. (2007). Your brain health lifestyle: A Proactive Program to Preserve your Life Story.. Tarentum, PA: Word Association Publishers
Awards and honors
- Gloria Cavanaugh Awards, Presented by American Society on Aging, 2007
- Best of Best Award, Presented by Assisted Living Federation of American for Brain Health Program with Emeritus Assisted Living, 2007