Paul Richardson (American football)
Richardson with the Washington Redskins in 2018
|No. 10 – Washington Redskins|
|Born:||April 13, 1992|
Los Angeles, California
|Height:||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight:||170 lb (77 kg)|
|High school:||Junípero Serra|
|NFL Draft:||2014 / Round: 2 / Pick: 45|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2018|
Paul Richardson Jr. (born April 13, 1992) is an American football wide receiver for the Washington Redskins of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at Colorado, and was drafted by the Seattle Seahawks in the second round of the 2014 NFL Draft.
Richardson attended Junípero Serra High School in Gardena, California and Los Alamitos High School in Los Alamitos, California. During his high school career, he had 110 receptions for 1,948 yards and 28 touchdowns. He was also a letterman in basketball and track. In track, he had career-bests of 10.62 in the 100 meters, 21.0 seconds in the 200 meters and 40.66 seconds in the 4x100.
Richardson originally attended UCLA, but was dismissed from the team prior to his freshman season after being placed under arrest for felony theft of a purse, along with his cousin Shaquille Richardson and another teammate, Josh Shirley. He then attended the University of Colorado Boulder. He played in all 12 games that year, recording 34 receptions for 514 yards and six touchdowns. As a sophomore in 2011, he played in nine games recording 39 receptions for 555 yards and five touchdowns. He missed four games due to injury. In April 2012, he tore his ACL which caused him to miss the season. He returned as a starter in 2013. During the season, he set the school record for receiving yards in a season of 1,343 yards. At the end of the season, Richardson announced his intent to declare for the 2014 NFL Draft.
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert jump||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 0 in
|32 5⁄8 in
|8 7⁄8 in
|4.40 s||7.09 s||38.0 in
|10 ft 4 in
|All values from NFL Combine and pro day,|
Richardson was selected by the Seattle Seahawks in the second round (45th overall) in the 2014 NFL Draft. He made his NFL debut in the season opener against the Green Bay Packers but was not targeted. In Week 3 against the Denver Broncos, Richardson caught his first career NFL reception, which was for seven yards. In Week 13, he caught what would have been his first NFL touchdown, but it was called back due to a penalty. During Week 15, he caught his first NFL touchdown against the San Francisco 49ers. Richardson finished with 29 receptions, 271 yards, and a touchdown in his rookie season. In Seattle's opening divisional playoff matchup against the Carolina Panthers, after only having one reception for 21 yards, he went down in the third quarter with what was first believed to be a sprained knee at the time, was later revealed to be a torn ACL upon further inspection. He was then placed on the Injured reserve, ending his 2014-15 rookie campaign. On December 5, 2015, after making a 40-yard catch, Richardson hurt his hamstring and was subsequently placed on injured reserve.
Richardson had a relatively quiet season again in 2016, until starting wide receiver Tyler Lockett suffered a season-ending injury in Week 16. In the Wild Card round of the playoffs against the Detroit Lions, he recorded three catches for 48 yards, including a one-handed touchdown catch on 4th and goal.
Richardson signed a five-year, $40 million contract with the Washington Redskins on March 15, 2018. On September 9, 2018, Richardson made his Redskins debut, catching four passes for 22 yards in the season-opening win against the Arizona Cardinals. On September 16, Richardson recorded a season-high 63 yards on four receptions against the Indianapolis Colts. The following week, he recorded his first touchdown as a Redskin, scoring on a 46-yard reception against the Green Bay Packers. On October 14, in Week 6, Richardson caught three passes for 31 yards and a touchdown against the Carolina Panthers, his second touchdown of the season. On November 5, he was placed on injured reserve with a shoulder injury.
- "2014 NFL Draft Listing". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved December 15, 2018.
- Henderson, John (September 15, 2011). "CU Buffs' Paul Richardson becomes elite receiver". The Denver Post. Retrieved December 15, 2018.
- "Paul Richardson - Football". University of Colorado Athletics. Retrieved December 15, 2018.
- Hops, Olivia. "NFL Draft 2014: 5 fun facts about Seahawks' top pick Paul Richardson". Sports Out West. Retrieved December 15, 2018.
- UCLA freshmen dismissed after arrests
- "Paul Richardson 2010 Game Log". College Football at Sports-Reference.com. Retrieved December 15, 2018.
- "Paul Richardson 2011 Game Log". College Football at Sports-Reference.com. Retrieved December 15, 2018.
- Paul Richardson out with injured knee
- "Paul Richardson 2013 Game Log". College Football at Sports-Reference.com. Retrieved December 15, 2018.
- Paul Richardson sets receiving yardage mark
- Colorado WR Paul Richardson will enter 2014 NFL Draft
- "NFL Combine Profiles". NFL.com. NFL.com. Retrieved November 15, 2016.
- Richardson Drafted by the Seattle Seahawks Archived May 10, 2014, at Archive.today
- "Green Bay Packers at Seattle Seahawks - September 4th, 2014". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved December 15, 2018.
- "Denver Broncos at Seattle Seahawks - September 21st, 2014". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved December 15, 2018.
- "Paul Richardson catches first NFL touchdown pass — for real this time". The Seattle Times. December 14, 2014. Retrieved December 15, 2018.
- "Seahawks' Paul Richardson says he's faster after torn ACL". UPI. Retrieved December 15, 2018.
- "Paul Richardson ESPN player profile". ESPN. Retrieved March 2, 2015.
- "Seahawks Place Wide Receiver Paul Richardson on Injured Reserve, Promote Running Back DuJuan Harris From Practice Squad". Seattle Seahawks. Retrieved December 7, 2015.
- "Tyler Lockett out for season after gruesome leg injury". SI.com. Retrieved December 15, 2018.
- Jr, Harry Lyles (January 8, 2017). "Paul Richardson stole the show on the 1st day of the NFL playoffs". SBNation.com. Retrieved December 15, 2018.
- "Paul Richardson 2017 Game Log". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved December 15, 2018.
- Patra, Kevin (March 13, 2018). "Redskins expected to sign WR Paul Richardson". NFL.com.
- Maher, Mike (September 10, 2018). "Paul Richardson has relatively quiet debut for Redskins". FantasyPros.
- "Redskins' Paul Richardson: Productive playing through injury". CBSSports.com. September 17, 2018.
- Kring-Schrelfels, Jake (September 23, 2018). "Redskins Offense Responds With Explosive First Half, Enough To Hold Off Packers". Redskins.com.
- Finlay, JP (October 14, 2018). "Redskins get a desperately needed victory". NBC Sports Washington.
- Shook, Nick (November 5, 2018). "Roundup: Scherff, Lauvao, Richardson out for year". NFL.com.