13 November 1989
Payal Ghosh is a South Indian Celebrity Actress who has recently made her Debut into Bollywood. 
When she was 17 years old, she had accompanied a friend to an audition for Sharpe's Peril and landed a role in the BBC Telefilm. In the period drama based on English soldier Richard Sharpe, Payal had played the role of a village girl, the daughter of a revolutionary freedom fighter from Bengal. Payal also starred in a Canadian film in which she played a school girl in love with her neighbour's servant. Since her parents disapproved of her decision to join films, during her college holidays, she ran away from her home in Calcutta and came to Mumbai. She joined Namit Kishore's acting academy where she met Chandra Sekhar Yeleti who offered her the lead role in his Prayanam (2009 film) opposite Manchu Manoj. Later she was seen in the Telugu films Mr. Rascal and Oosaravelli and the Kannada film Varshadhare.
She has completed her first Tamil film Therodum Veediyile, directed by Saro Sriram, in which she plays a traditional girl, who lives in Erode. She was selected as the female lead by Vivek Agnihotri for his Bollywood film Freedom and filmed for it in 2012. While the film has not released yet as of 2014, she has signed another Hindi comedy film, Patel Ki Punjabi Shaadi opposite Vir Das, directed by Sanjay Chhel. which is releasing worldwide on 15th September 2017. She is making her Bollywood Debut alongside industry Stalwarts Paresh Rawal, Rishi Kapoor and Prem Chopra. 
|2008||Sharpe's Peril||Padme||English||TV movie|
|2016||Patel Ki Punjabi Shaadi||Pooja||Hindi||Completed|
- "Exclusive Interview With Harika (Payal Ghosh) - Interviews". CineGoer.com. 2009-06-16. Retrieved 2014-03-31.
- "Payal Ghosh makes her debut with industry veterans-Times of India". TimesofInia.indiantimes.com. 2017-01-28. Retrieved 2017-09-11.
- "Southern Sirens". Telegraphindia.com. 2010-09-03. Retrieved 2014-03-31.
- "South actress Payal Ghosh debuts in Sanjay Chhel’s untitled Hindi film". The Indian Express. 2014-02-20. Retrieved 2014-03-31.
- k.r. manigandan (2012-09-16). "A step forward". The Hindu. Retrieved 2014-03-31.
- "Payal ghosh to make her Bollywood debut - The Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 2012-12-22. Retrieved 2014-03-31.
- "Telugu actress to make her Bollywood debut - The Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2014-03-31.
- "Patel ki Punjabi Shaadi Movie (2017) Reviews, Cast & Release Date in Mumbai-BookMyShow". Bookmyshow.com. 2017-09-10. Retrieved 2017-09-10.