Pedram Hamrah is an ophthalmologist and immunologist. He obtained his M.D. from the University of Cologne, Germany. In 2002, together with Reza Dana and Ying Liu, he was the first to discover the presence of and characterize resident antigen-presenting cells in the central cornea. Hamrah is currently Director of the Center for Translational Ocular Immunology and Director of Anterior Segment Imaging of the Boston Image Reading Center at the New England Eye Center, Department of Ophthalmology Tufts Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine. In addition he is on the faculty of the Programs of Immunology and Neuroscience at the Sackler School of Graduate Biomedical Sciences at Tufts University. He was a faculty member in the laboratory of Ulrich von Andrian at Harvard's Immune Disease Institute from 2008 to 2012.
Hamrah has authored over 115 journal articles and over 40 reviews and book chapters. According to the Web of Science, Hamrah's works have been cited over 4500 times and he has an h-index of 34. He currently serves as Cornea Section Editor of the journal Eye, Assistant Editor of the journal Ocular Immunology and Inflammation, and Associate Editor of The Ocular Surface and Translational Vision Science & Technology journals, as well as several other ophthalmology journals.
- "Dr. Pedram Hamrah, MD, Bio Page". Retrieved 2008-11-30.[dead link]
- Hamrah P, Zhang Q, Liu Y, Dana MR (March 2002). "Novel characterization of MHC class II-negative population of resident corneal Langerhans cell-type dendritic cells". Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci. 43 (3): 639–46. PMID 11867578. Retrieved 2008-11-30.
- Hamrah P, Liu Y, Zhang Q, Dana MR (February 2003). "The corneal stroma is endowed with a significant number of resident dendritic cells". Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci. 44 (2): 581–9. doi:10.1167/iovs.02-0838. PMID 12556386. Retrieved 2008-11-30.
- Streilein JW (November 2003). "Ocular immune privilege: therapeutic opportunities from an experiment of nature". Nat. Immunol. 3 (11): 879–89. doi:10.1038/nri1224. PMID 14668804.
- Novak N, Siepmann K, Zierhut M, Bieber T (November 2003). "The good, the bad and the ugly--APCs of the eye". Trends Immunol. 24 (11): 570–74. doi:10.1016/j.it.2003.09.009. PMID 14596877.
- "von Andrian Lab Members". Archived from the original on 2008-11-20. Retrieved 2008-11-30.
- Web of Science, accessed July 5, 2018
- "About the journal : Eye". Retrieved 2008-11-30.
- "Ocular Immunology & Inflammation". Retrieved 2008-11-30.
|This biographical article related to medicine in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|