Pensacola City Council
|Pensacola City Council|
Since November 2010
|Pensacola City Hall|
The Pensacola City Council is the governing body of The City of Pensacola.
The Board is divided into 9 members of the board which is elected by Single-member districts which can serve the length of four years. The Whole board is controlled by the Council President which is currently P.C. Wu.
|Pensacola City Council District 1||P.C. Wu|
|Pensacola City Council District 2||Sherri Myers|
|Pensacola City Council District 3||Andy Terhaar|
|Pensacola City Council District 4||Larry B. Johnson|
|Pensacola City Council District 5||Gerald Wingate|
|Pensacola City Council District 6||Brian Spencer|
|Pensacola City Council District 7||Jewel Canada-Wynn|
|Pensacola City Council District Large A||Megan B. Pratt|
|Pensacola City Council District Large B||Charles Bare|
In 2011-12-16, during the Boyd Forum, Council President Sam Hall ordered the police to remove from the podium Father Nathan Monk, a citizen addressing the city council, in the middle of his allotted speaking time. The order was given by Sam Hall in retaliation to Father Monk questioning the council's attacks on free speech and the right to redress the government without the fear of being arrested.
- "Wu, Lewis in race for District 1", Pensacola News Journal, October 27, 2016
- "Spencer, Myers keep Council seats", Pensacola News Journal, November 4, 2014
- "Wu, Cannada-Wynn retain council seats", Pensacola News Journal, November 6, 2016
- "Council urges civility, threatens priest with police removal". Pensacola digest. 2011-12-16.
- "Pesky Pensacola Priest Battles City Council President Over Free Speech (VIDEO)". Sunshine slate. 2011-12-20.
- "5 questions with Pensacola City Council candidates", Pensacola News Journal, October 25, 2014
|This Pensacola, Florida-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|