|Industry||Speaker recognition technology|
Almog Aley-Raz, CEO|
Ariel Freidenberg, Executive Vice President of Global Sales and Business Development
Number of employees
PerSay was an Israeli start-up company specializing in Voice Biometrics technology. Founded in 2000, its voice biometrics systems are used in the banking, insurance, governments, and telecommunications industries worldwide.
PerSay was founded in February 2000 as a spin-off of Verint Systems (NASDAQ: VRNT), part of the Comverse Technology (Pinksheets: CMVT) group. Its headquarters is in Ra'anana, with an office in New York City. Its main investor was SKFT, which handled the venture capital activity of the Shrem Fudim Kelner group. In April 2004 the company was valued at $2.9 to $3.7 million. In 2010 the company was sold for an undisclosed amount (estimated at 10M-20M USD) to Nuance Communications.
PerSay markets the following products:
- VocalPassword, a biometric speaker identification system which verifies the speaker during an interaction using a voice application
- FreeSpeech, a text-independent biometric speaker identification system which verifies a person's identity in the course of natural conversation
- S.P.I.D., an audio-processing system which searches for a target’s voice in a volume of intercepted calls
PerSay's VocalPassword speaker identification technology has been acquired by Bank Leumi, China Merchants Bank, Bank Hapoalim, Israel Discount Bank, and Caja Madrid; British Telecom, Bell Canada, Vodafone, and Global Bilgi/Turkcell; Sandata, Planet Payment of New York, Huawei, and Barclays Capital and Morgan Stanley.
- "Voice biometrics co Persay sold for $6.7m". Globes. 30 November 2010. Retrieved 9 August 2011.
- "SFKT injects $2m into Persay just months after write down". Globes. 22 June 2004. Retrieved 9 August 2011.
- Feldman, Batya (17 February 2009). "PerSay signs deals worth $4 million: The voice recognition company has signed contracts with customers in China, the Philippines and US". Globes. Retrieved 9 August 2011.
- "PerSay valued at $2.9-3.7m". Globes. 7 April 2004. Retrieved 9 August 2011.
- Read, Brendan B. (6 January 2011). "IVR: Nuance Acquires PerSay to Bring Voice Biometrics to Market". TMC.net. Retrieved 9 August 2011.
- "PerSay, Inc". Bloomberg Businessweek. 2011. Retrieved 9 August 2011.
- "Persay secures contract with Bank Leumi". Telecom.paper BV. 19 February 2003. Retrieved 9 August 2011.
- "PerSay". Israel Trade Commission. Retrieved 9 August 2011.
- Dar, Zuri (15 February 2005). "Persay wins BT anti-phishing tender". Haaretz. Retrieved 9 August 2011.
- PR Newswire (3 December 2009). "Sandata Enhances Fraud Prevention Capabilities With Improved Voice Biometrics From PerSay Ltd". The Street. Retrieved 9 August 2011.
- "Planet Payment Selects PerSay for Voice Authentication (press release)". Reuters. 29 November 2007. Retrieved 9 August 2011.
- "Huawei partners with PerSay for voice biometrics". Telecom.paper BV. 8 April 2010. Retrieved 9 August 2011.