Perica (Serbo-Croatian pronunciation: [peˈritsa]) is a Croat and Serb given name; it is also prevalent as a surname. Perica is a diminutive of Petar, translating to Pete and Peter in English, respectively.
In Croatian and Serbian popular culture Perica often portrays a stereotype of an innocent or mischievous young boy with a very straightforward way of thinking. An example is Perica Šafranek in the 1970 classic Croatian (then Yugoslav) comedy film Tko pjeva zlo ne misli. He is common in jokes and is similar to Little Johnny in English.
- Perica Bukić, Croatian water polo player and politician
- Perica Marošević, American Major League Soccer player
- Perica Ognjenović, Serbian soccer player
- Perica Radić, Serbian soccer player
- Perica Stančeski, Macedonian soccer player
- Perica Vlašić, Croatian rower
- Petar Perica, Croatian Catholic priest
- Rose Perica Mofford (maiden name of Perica that was kept as middle name), Governor of Arizona from 1988 to 1991
- Stipe Perica, Croatian professional footballer
- Vjekoslav Perica, Croatian writer and academic
- Zlatko Perica, guitarist
- Croatian-English Dictionary, 7th edition. Zagreb, Croatia: Školska knjiga, 1996.
|given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.This page or section lists people that share the same|
|surname Perica. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.This page lists people with the|