Type of site
|Personalized Print Product Creation|
Cape Town, South Africa|
|Headquarters||Cape Town, South Africa|
Jaco de Wet
Sheraan Amod (CEO)|
Jaco de Wet (COO)
|Alexa rank||2,792,864 (April 2014[update])|
|Launched||11 November 2009|
Personera is a technology startup based in Cape Town, South Africa. It allows the use of variable data printing technology to create on-demand print products which are personalized with a user’s Facebook content (such as photos, events and friends’ birthdays). These products are then printed in high quality by commercial printers and delivered anywhere in the world.
Personera was co-founded in February 2008 by Sheraan Amod and Jaco de Wet, both MSc students at Stellenbosch University. Michael Champanis, a University of Cape Town graduate, also joined the team as a co-founder. On 11 November 2009, Personera launched its public beta – the world's first hard-copy, personalized Facebook calendar, which includes users’ photos, birthdays and events. The launch included coverage from TechCrunch and other internet media channels.
Personera's personalized print platform is built using variable data printing technology and Facebook’s API. Users' Facebook content is placed into predesigned layouts, with users having the ability to choose which specific photos to use and to manually input additional events. Personera's method of producing a printed product is currently patent pending under the World Intellectual Property Organization.
- "Personera.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- "The Personera Story". IS Labs. Retrieved July 8, 2010.
- "Personera Launches Facebook Personalized Print Calendars for Everyone". Sys-Con. Retrieved July 8, 2010.
- "(WO/2010/049826) METHOD OF PRODUCING A PRINTED PRODUCT". WIPO. Retrieved July 8, 2010.
- "Personera Marries Xerox with Facebook". Xerox. Retrieved July 8, 2010.
- "Personera launches Facebook-created calendar". VatorNews. Retrieved July 8, 2010.