Pirsch in 2009
|Member of the Nebraska Legislature
from the 4th district
|Preceded by||Kermit Brashear|
|Succeeded by||Robert Hilkemann|
October 28, 1969 |
Omaha, Nebraska, U.S.
Pete Pirsch (born October 28, 1969) is a politician from the state of Nebraska in the Midwestern United States. He served two terms in the Nebraska Legislature, from 2007 to 2015, and ran unsuccessfully for state attorney general in 2014. Pirsch is a member of the Republican Party.
Pirsch was born in Omaha, Nebraska. His mother, Carol McBride Pirsch, was a member of the Nebraska legislature, representing the 10th District from 1979 to 1997. Pirsch graduated from Omaha Central High School in 1988. He attended the University of Virginia, graduating in 1992. He received his J.D. from the University of Nebraska in 1997, and his M.B.A. from the University of Nebraska at Omaha in 2005.
Pirsch was elected to the Legislature in 2006, representing Nebraska's 4th legislative district, which includes West Omaha. He sat on the Banking, Commerce and Insurance, and the Revenue committees.
Nebraska's term-limits law precluded Pirsch from running for re-election in 2014. In October 2013, he announced his intention to run for the position of state auditor in the next year's election; he sought to replace Mike Foley, who was running for the state governorship. In February 2014, after state attorney general Jon Bruning announced that he would seek the governorship rather than running for re-election, Pirsch declared that he would run for attorney general instead. When the Republican primary election was held, Pirsch placed last of the four candidates, with 16% of the vote.
- Nebraska Blue Book 2012–2013, p. 295. Retrieved 2015-05-27.
- Hammel, Paul and Kevin Cole. "Omaha Sen. Pete Pirsch to run for state auditor". Omaha World-Herald. 2013-10-14. Retrieved 2014-01-01.
- "Senator Pete Pirsch's Biography". Project Vote Smart. Retrieved 2012-06-22.
- Schulte, Grant. "Sen. Pirsch launches campaign for auditor". Lincoln Journal Star. 2013-10-14. Retrieved 2013-11-05.
- Siddiqui, Faiz. "State Sen. Pete Pirsch to run for Nebraska attorney general". Omaha World-Herald. 2014-02-15. Retrieved 2014-02-15.
- "Official Report of the Board of State Canvassers of the State of Nebraska: Primary Election, May 13, 2014", p. 28. Nebraska Secretary of State. Retrieved 2017-03-23.
- Profile at Project Vote Smart
- Biography at Ballotpedia
- Financial information (state office) at the National Institute for Money in State Politics
|This article about a Nebraskan politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|