Peter W. Culicover is Professor of Linguistics at Ohio State University.
He works in the areas of syntactic theory (particularly on the syntax of English), language learnability and computational modelling of language acquisition and language change.
He attended the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and worked under his advisor, Noam Chomsky.
- English Focus Constructions and the Theory of Grammar (with Michael S. Rochemont; Cambridge University Press, 1990)
- Principles and Parameters: An Introduction to Syntactic Theory (Oxford University Press, 1997)
- Syntactic Nuts: Hard Cases in Syntax (Oxford University Press, 1999)
- Dynamical Grammar (Oxford University Press, 2003)
- Simpler Syntax (Oxford University Press, 2005)