Peter Schjeldahl bibliography
List of published works of Peter Schjeldahl, American poet and art critic.
- Schjeldahl, Peter (1968). White country. New York: Corinth Books.
- — (1971). An adventure of the thought police. London: Ferry Press.
- — (1973). Dreams. New York: Angel Hair Books.
- — (1978). Since 1964 : new and selected poems. New York: Sun.
- Whitney, David, ed. (1988). Eric Fischl. Essay by Peter Schjeldahl. New York: Art in America/Stewart, Tabori & Chang.
- Schjeldahl, Peter (1990). The 7 Days art columns, 1988-1990. New York: Figures Press.
- — (1991). Wilson, MaLin, ed. The hydrogen jukebox : selected writings of Peter Schjeldahl, 1978-1990. Berkeley: University of California Press.
- Schjeldahl, Peter and Marcia Tucker (1998). Liza Lou. Santa Monica: Smart Art Press in association with the Santa Monica Museum of Art.
- Schjeldahl, Peter (2008). Let's see : writings on art from The New Yorker. New York: Thames & Hudson.
- Larson, Philip; Schjeldahl, Peter (1974). De Kooning : drawings, sculptures : an exhibition organized by Walker Art Center, Minneapolis, March 10-April 21, 1974. New York: Dutton.
- Schjeldahl, Peter (1980). Jean Dubuffet : recent paintings, October 31-29 November 1980, the Pace Gallery. New York: Pace Gallery.
- Samaras, Lucas (1981). Chambers, Marlene, ed. Samaras pastels : Denver Art Museum, October 3-December 27, 1981. Organized by Dianne Perry Vanderlip; essay by Peter Schjeldahl. Denver: Denver Art Museum.
- Bernal, Louis Carlos; et al. (1984). 10 photographers, Olympic images. Essay by Peter Schjeldahl. Los Angeles: Los Angeles Center for Photographic Studies. Exhibition held November 18, 1984 to January 6, 1985.
- Schjeldahl, Peter; Phillips, Lisa (1987). Cindy Sherman. New York: Whitney Museum of American Art. Exhibition at the Whitney Museum of American Art, July 9 to October 4, 1987.
- Edward Hopper : light years, October 1 to November 12, 1988. Essay by Peter Schjeldahl. New York: Hirschl & Adler Galleries. 1988.
- Sobel, Dean (1991). Jackie Winsor. With essays by Peter Schjeldahl and John Yau. Milwaukee: Milwaukee Art Museum. Exhibition of the work of Jackie Winsor at the Milwaukee Art Museum, November 22, 1991 to January 19, 1992.
- Schjeldahl, Peter (1993). De Kooning and Dubuffet : the late works. New York: Pace Gallery.
- Demetrion, James T. (1993). Jean Dubuffet 1943-1963 : paintings, sculptures, assemblages : an exhibition. Essays by Susan J. Cooke, Jean Planque, and Peter Schjeldahl. Washington, D.C.: Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden in association with the Smithsonian Institution Press.
- Prelinger, Elizabeth; Parke-Taylor, Michael (1996). The symbolist prints of Edvard Munch : the Vivian and David Campbell collection. Essay by Peter Schjeldahl. New Haven, Conn.: Yale University Press. Exhibition at Art Gallery of Ontario, Toronto, 28 February-25 May 1997.
- Salle. Vintage Books. New York, NY, 1987.
- Richard Bosman, Gifts of the Sea: Mandeville Gallery, University of California, San Diego, May 19 through June 25, 1989. The Gallery. San Diego, CA, 1989.
- William Wegman. Museo de Monterrey. Monterrey, Mexico, 1993.
- Richard Deacon. Phaidon. London, England, 1995.
- Olav Christopher Jenssen: Bilder 1990-1994. Kestner-Gedellschaft. Hannover, Germany, 1995.
- Picasso's Dora Maar/ De Kooning's Women. C&M Arts. New York, NY, 1998.
- Schjeldahl, Peter (1998). "Splendor in the grass : Liza Lou and the cultivation of beauty". In Schjeldahl, Peter and Marcia Tucker. Liza Lou. Santa Monica: Smart Art Press in association with the Santa Monica Museum of Art.
- The Inward Eye: Transcendence in Contemporary Art. Contemporary Arts Museum. Houston, TX, 2001.
- Shards: Garth Clark on Ceramic Art. Art Publishers. New York, NY, 2003.