|Founded||April 1, 2003|
|Headquarters||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Products||Star Wars: Empire at War|
Universe at War: Earth Assault
Panzer General: Allied Assault
Number of employees
Petroglyph Games is a video game developer and publisher based in Las Vegas, Nevada, United States. The company was formed by the last group of ex-Westwood Studios employees who resigned when Westwood Pacific was shut down by Electronic Arts in 2003, effectively assimilating Westwood Studios into the EA Pacific studios in Los Angeles to form EA Los Angeles.
- Star Wars: Empire at War (2006)
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption (2006)
- Universe at War: Earth Assault (2007)
- Panzer General: Allied Assault (XBLA) (2009)
- Panzer General: Allied Assault (board game) (2010)
- Panzer General: Russian Assault (2010)
- Guardians of Graxia (2010)
- Heroes of Graxia (2010)
- Mytheon (2010)
- Rise of Immortals (2011)
- Battle for Graxia (2012)
- Coin a Phrase (2013)
- Grey Goo (2015)
- Battle Battalions (2015)
- 8-Bit Armies (2016)
- 8-Bit Hordes (2016)
- 8-Bit Invaders! (2016)
- 8-Bit Armies: Arena (2017)
- Victory Command (Cancelled)
- Forged Battalion (2018)
- Conan Unconquered (2019)
- Command & Conquer: Remasters (TBA)
This article is in a list format that may be better presented using prose. (March 2017)
- On November 15, 2018, EA Studios has announced a partnership with Petroglyph Games and Lemon Sky Studios for the remastering of the Command and Conquer and Red Alert series. Many of the original developers of the game who established Petroglyph Games, including composer Frank Klepacki will be on board.
- On January 16, 2018, Petroglyph and Team17 released Forged battalion into early access.
- On October 16, 2017, Petroglyph and Team17 released teaser and announcement for Forged battalion.
- On March 13, 2014, Petroglyph announced its development of Grey Goo, a new RTS game, produced by Six Foot with publisher Grey Box.
- On March 16, 2013, Petroglyph announced its cancellation of its Kickstarter campaign due to lack of interest.
- On March 5, 2013, Petroglyph announced the launch of its Kickstarter campaign for action-strategy game Victory. Kickstarter page for Victory, Official Victory page
- On January 18, 2013 Petroglyph launched social guessing game Coin a Phrase on Apple's App Store.
- On August 10, 2012, Petroglyph announced development of Battle for Graxia, a free-to-play multiplayer online battle arena game title.
- On February 22, 2011, Petroglyph announced their free-to-play multiplayer online battle arena game title, Rise of Immortals.
- On October 20, 2010, Petroglyph announced availability of Guardians of Graxia for the PC, direct on STEAM, GamersGate and Impulse.
- On August 2, 2010, Petroglyph announced availability of all their 2010 produced board game products.
- On June 17, 2010, Trion/Petroglyph for their End of Nations MMORTS won multiple E3 2010 Awards for Best Booth, Best MMO, Best RTS, and others.
- On April 26, 2010, Trion/Petroglyph revealed that their MMORTS is called End of Nations.
- On March 29, 2010, Petroglyph announced Guardians of Graxia PC & Board Games.
- On December 11, 2009, Petroglyph launched their redesigned website, which was designed in partnership with Anthem Design Group and extensively modified thereafter by the Petroglyph web development team.
- On April 27, 2009, it was announced that Petroglyph would be working on a massively multiplayer online real-time strategy game (MMORTS) with Trion World Network.
- On December 4, 2008, True Games Interactive/Petroglyph revealed their new game is called Mytheon, to be released in 2010.[needs update]
- On April 15, 2008, Petroglyph announced that they would be working in partnership with True Games Interactive on a Free-to-Play micro-transaction based online game for the PC.
- On January 27, 2007, Petroglyph announced their second game, Universe at War: Earth Assault. Universe at War was released on December 10, 2007.
- On September 12, 2005, it was announced that they would be working on an original military/sci-fi RTS franchise with Sega.
- On November 16, 2004, Petroglyph announced a project which they were working on, a new Star Wars real-time strategy (RTS) game called Star Wars: Empire at War, which was released on February 16, 2006.
- On June 25, 2004, the company moved into their own building.
- Petroglyph was formed on April 1, 2003.
Alamo Game Engine
Alamo Game Engine is a game engine developed by Petroglyph, used to create Star Wars: Empire at War and its expansion Forces of Corruption. A modified version of the Alamo Game Engine was used for Petroglyph's third title, Universe at War: Earth Assault. The Alamo Game Engine features 3D gameplay and a real time strategic view of a map on which the game takes place.
- Petroglyph Studios CEO Chuck Kroegel on Their Upcoming Action-Strategy MMO, Mytheon Archived May 3, 2009, at the Wayback Machine. from MMOGamer.com
- Cavalli, Earnest. "Petroglyph introduces RTS Grey Goo with brief teaser, screenshots". Joystiq. Retrieved January 13, 2015.
- Macy, Seth. "PETROGLYPH ANNOUNCES NEW RTS GREY GOO". IGN. Retrieved January 13, 2015.
- "Petroglyph Launches Mobile Social Guessing Game - Coin a Phrase". Curse.com. January 18, 2013. Retrieved January 23, 2015.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on April 30, 2010. Retrieved April 26, 2010.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Petroglyph Games".
- "Petroglyph Games".
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on February 9, 2010. Retrieved April 12, 2010.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Alamo engine". Mod DB. Retrieved July 27, 2016.