Petroleum Training Institute
This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Petroleum Training Institute (P.T.I.) in Effurun, Delta State was established in 1973 by the federal government of Nigeria as a prerequisite for the membership in the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) to train indigenous middle-level manpower to meet the labour force demands of the oil and gas industry in Nigeria and the West African subregion. It awards General Welding Certificates, ND (National Diploma) and HND (Higher National Diploma) certificates.
The Institute is headed by the Principal and CEO Professor Sunny Iyuke, who last served at the university of Witswatersrand (Johannesburg), before returning to Nigeria to head the institute. He was appointed following the retirement of the Institutes immediate past Principal/CEO - Mr A.j. Orukele.
Departments In Petroleum Training Institute
- Petroleum & Natural Gas Processing (PNGPD)
- Industrial Safety and Environmental Technology (ISET)
- Petroleum Marketing and Business Studies (PMBS)
- Petroleum Engineering and Geosciences (PEG)
- Electrical Engineering Department (EED)
- Welding Engineering and Offshore Technology (DWEOT)
- Mechanical Engineering (MED)
- petrochemical engineering (PEMBS)
1. Professor Sunny Iyuke Retrieved 2017-01-16
|This article on a Nigerian institution of higher education is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|