1 March 1966|
|Residence||Menlo Park, CA|
|Known for||Superresolution, Demosaicing, Kernel Regression in Image Processing|
|Awards||IEEE Fellow for contributions to inverse problems and super-resolution in imaging. National Science Foundation Career Award.|
|Institutions||University of California, Santa Cruz and Google Inc.|
|Doctoral advisor||Alan S. Willsky|
Peyman Milanfar is a professor of Electrical Engineering at University of California Santa Cruz, where he directs the Multi-Dimensional Signal Processing group. He was also Associate Dean for Research and Graduate Studies from 2010 to 2012. He is currently on leave from his professorship, working as a visiting scientist in Google X Lab, where he is working on Google's Project Glass.
His work includes the development of fast and robust methods for super-resolution, statistical analysis of performance limits for inverse problems in imaging, and the development of adaptive non-parametric techniques (kernel regression) for image and video processing. He holds 7 US patents in the field of image and video processing.
Milanfar did his undergraduate studies at University of California, Berkeley, graduating in 1988, with a joint degree in Mathematics and Electrical Engineering. Milanfar received his Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences from MIT in 1993, under the supervision of Alan S. Willsky. He was a research scientist at SRI International from 1994 to 1999 before moving to UC Santa Cruz.
Awards and honors
Peyman Milanfar, Ed., Super-resolution Imaging, CRC Press, 2010
- UCSC Fellow Announcement
- UCSC Award Announcement
- Alan S. Willsky, Edwin Sibley Webster Professor of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (retired) at M.I.T.
- Alan S. Willsky, Edwin Sibley Webster Retired Professor of Electrical Engineering at M.I.T.
- Biography of Alan S. Willsky.
- Alan S. Willsky was elected in 2010 as a member of National Academy of Engineering in Electronics, Communication & Information Systems Engineering for contributions to model-based signal processing and statistical inference.
- Milanfar's CV, Jan. 2013
- Milanfar's Google Plus profile
- Project Glass on Google Plus
- US Patent Office
- Peyman Milanfar at the Mathematics Genealogy Project.
- Milanfar's Publications
- Milanfar's Google Scholar profile
- UCSC Best Paper Announcement
- Official book website