14 November 1972 |
Career as theatre producer
Cameron’s first major play was Top Girls, in 2000. He went on to produce Another Country, Mother Clap's Molly House, This Is Our Youth, King Lear, Why the Whales Came, Someone Who'll Watch Over Me, As You Like It, Twelfth Night and Journey’s End, which won a Tony Award on Broadway in 2007. In 2005, he won a Laurence Olivier Award for Best Revival for his production of Hamlet.
After initially attempting to set up an airline which would cater exclusively for business passengers, he founded No.1 Traveller in 2006. The company specialises in airport lounges and other pre-flight services, the first lounge was opened at JFK International Airport, Terminal 4 and was branded, "The Lounge".
Since then, the company has opened five UK airport lounges: a Flagship lounge at Heathrow Terminal 3, the North and South Terminals at Gatwick Airport, the company’s first lounge outside London, at Birmingham, and Edinburgh, which opened in 2015. The company also provides chauffeur driven airport transfers to its London airports and operates Travel Spas at Gatwick and Heathrow airports. In September 2011 it opened 12 airside bedrooms at Heathrow Terminal 3 and has recently introduced a wide range of ‘Driveway to Runway’ products, including airport parking, express trains, a VIP departure service, and a range of associate lounges around the world.
In October 2015, the company opened up Clubrooms, a collection of four VIP lounges available for private bookings at Gatwick South. This followed the July 2014 launch of My Lounge, a lower-price alternative to their main lounge at Gatwick North.
- "The University of Exeter - Drama - Careers and Employability". Retrieved 26 October 2010.
- Mark Shenton (9 August 2004). "20 Questions With... Phil Cameron". WhatsOnStage.com. Retrieved 26 October 2010.
- Mark Shenton (16 June 2004). "The rattle of a dying art?". BBC News. Retrieved 26 October 2010.
- "The Laurence Olivier Awards: full list of winners 1976-2008" (PDF). Retrieved 26 October 2010.
- "CompaniesHouse.gov.uk". Retrieved 26 October 2010.
- Unknown (1 February 2011). "Travel Spa at No.1 Traveller Gatwick North Terminal". Retrieved 25 October 2011.
- Mark Caswell (5 October 2011). "No.1 Traveller launches airside bedrooms at Heathrow T3". Retrieved 25 October 2011.
- Travel Bulletin http://www.travelbulletin.co.uk/news-mainmenu/no1-lounges-unveils-new-clubrooms-product-at-gatwick. Retrieved 1 October 2015. Missing or empty
- "My Lounge Opens In North Terminal At London Gatwick". Airport World. Retrieved 23 July 2014.