Physical Review E
|Edited by||Uwe C. Täuber|
|Physical Review, Physical Review A: General Physics|
|History||1993 to present|
American Physical Society (United States)
|Partial (see text)|
|ISO 4||Phys. Rev. E|
Physical Review E is a peer-reviewed, scientific journal, published monthly by the American Physical Society. The main field of interest is collective phenomena of many-body systems. It is currently edited by Uwe C. Täuber. While original research content requires subscription, editorials, news, and other non-research content is openly accessible.
Also emphasized are statistical physics, equilibrium and transport properties of fluids, liquid crystals, complex fluids, polymers, chaos, fluid dynamics, plasma physics, classical physics, and computational physics.
This journal began as "Physical Review" in 1893. In 1913 the American Physical Society took over "Physical Review". In 1970 "Physical Review" was subdivided into Physical Review A, B, C, and D. From 1990 until 1993 a process was underway which split the journal then entitled " Physical Review A: General Physics" into two journals. Hence, from 1993 until 2000, one of the split off journals became Physical Review E: Statistical Physics, Plasmas, Fluids, and Related Interdisciplinary Topics. In 2001 the journal was changed, in name, to its present title. As an aside, in January 2007, the section which published works on classical optics was transferred from "Physical Review E" to "Physical Review A". This action unified the classical and quantum parts of optics into a single journal.
Physical Review E Rapid Communications was announced on June 7, 2010. This section (or feature) gives priority to results which are deemed significant, and merits a prominent display on the Physical Review E website. The specific article is displayed for several weeks, and is part of a rotation with other articles, also deemed significant.
Abstracting and indexing
- Science Citation Index Expanded
- Current Contents / Physical, Chemical & Earth Sciences
- Chemical Abstracts Service - CASSI
- Current Physics Index
- Index Medicus
- NLM catalog
- Physics Abstracts
- American Journal of Physics
- Annales Henri Poincaré
- Applied Physics Express
- CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics
- European Physical Journal E
- Journal of Physical and Chemical Reference Data
- Journal of Physics A
- About Physical Review E. APS. July 2010
- Pubmed Journals section. NCBI, NLM, NIH. Department of Health & Human Services. July 2010.
- Drake, Gordon W. F. (July 1, 2010). "Editorial: 40th Anniversary of Physical Review A". American Physical Society. Retrieved 2010-07-13.
- Physical Review E (June 7, 2010). "Highlighting PRE Rapid Communications". American Physical Society. Retrieved 2010-07-05.
- Master Journal List. Thomson Reuters. 2011.
- CAS Source Index (CASSI). American Chemical Society. January 2011.
- Editorial: 40th Anniversary of Physical Review A. American Physical Society. July 1, 2010.