|Some of this article's listed sources may not be reliable. (August 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Distributor(s)||Actual Records Distribució|
|Country of origin||Spain|
|Location||Castellar del Vallès,
PICAP supports Catalan authors and performers. While respecting the performer's linguistic expression, it gives preferential support to the Catalan language.
Hector Vila, Maria-Josep Villarroya, Josep Tero, Gato Pérez, and Joan Soler Boronat were among PICAP's first artists. The first commercial success of the new record label was Catalan humorist Eugenio.
In the last years of the 1980s, the band Grec, a PICAP artist, joined in a wave of funk music similar to that of other new bands that were starting their careers in those days (such as Duble Buble and N'Gai N'Gai).
The band Sau, after the success achieved on PICAP with Quina nit, signed for a multinational record label. The band Sangtraït, however, stayed with PICAP and prepared its fourth album Contes i llegendes at a time when Catalan rock had reached its peak. Rock and “Cançó” became PICAP's main genres with notable artists in both genres.
In 1991, Lluís Llach joined the record label because of its prestige and trustworthiness, then established ties with Companyia Elèctrica Dharma, Tomeu Penya, Raimon, Maria del Mar Bonet, and Marina Rossell. In 1993, the record company received National Music Awards in Catalonia for their releases. In the late 1990s, the Valencian band Al Tall published with PICAP.
The record company began reissuing CDs of historic Catalan music recordings, including the catalog of Edigsa. Also included were LPs of artists like Iceberg, Pegasus, Xesco Boix, Grup de Folk, Ara Va de Bo, Jaume Sisa, and Música Dispersa. The recordings came from labels like Als 4 Vents or from the artists themselves, such as Max Sunyer or Santi Arisa.
Notable PICAP artists
- Maria del Mar Bonet
- Pep Sala
- Marina Rossell
- Tomeu Penya
- Al Tall
- Tomeu Penya
- Ovidi Montllor
- Adrià Puntí
- Companyia Elèctrica Dharma
- Albert Pla
- Xesco Boix
- Ginesa Ortega
- Joan Isaac
- Núria Feliu
- Pujol, Carles. Picap 20 anys, del vinil al DVD. Picap, S.L. 2004, B-40.354-2004
- "Picap, discográfica en internet" (in Spanish). 10 September 2008. Retrieved 26 August 2010.Google translation
- "Baetúria (Picap)". e-notícies (in Catalan). 30 May 2008. Retrieved 26 August 2010.Google translation
- "Albert Fibla". e-notícies (in Catalan). 30 May 2008. Retrieved 26 August 2010.Google translation
- "Picap firma un nuevo acuerdo con las principales compañías cubanas!". APECAT (in Spanish). Associació de Productors i Editors Fonogràfics i Videogràfics de Catalunya. 12 June 2006. Retrieved 26 August 2010.Google translation
- Ddeg, Girona (21 November 2007). "Picap traurà aviat el disc d´homenatge a Lluís Llach "Si véns amb mi"". Empordà (in Catalan). Editorial Prensa Ibérica. Retrieved 26 August 2010.Google translation