Bouchard with the Minnesota Wild in 2011
April 27, 1984 |
Sherbrooke, QC, CAN
|Height||5 ft 10 in (178 cm)|
|Weight||173 lb (78 kg; 12 st 5 lb)|
New York Islanders
|NHL Draft||8th overall, 2002
Pierre-Marc Bouchard (born April 27, 1984) is a Canadian professional ice hockey player currently signed with EV Zug of the National League A (NLA). Bouchard played his junior hockey with the Chicoutimi Saguenéens in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League, and is the older brother of Austrian Hockey League player François Bouchard. Bouchard was selected eighth overall in the 2002 NHL Entry Draft by the Minnesota Wild and has also featured in the National Hockey League with the New York Islanders.
Pierre-Marc Bouchard appeared in professional play for the first time in the 2002–2003 NHL season in which he posted 7 goals and 13 assists for a total of 20 points in 50 games for the Minnesota Wild, which has been regarded as decent by NHL standards. During the 2004–2005 NHL lockout, Bouchard played for the Wild's minor league team, the Houston Aeros. Within this time period, Bouchard vastly improved his game. This was proved in the 2005–2006 season while he posted 17 goals and 42 assists for a total of 59 points in 80 games.
Bouchard is regarded as a creative playmaker and strong team player who often attempts unorthodox techniques during play. An example of one of these techniques was performed during an overtime shootout attempt in which he converted by utilizing a variation of a spin-o-rama against Chicago Blackhawks goalie Nikolai Khabibulin. He repeated this move several years later, again against Khabibulin, though he did so during regulation play on a breakaway, rather than during an overtime shootout attempt. Bouchard later credited the move to his younger brother François Bouchard.
On July 25, 2008, Bouchard signed a five-year, $20.4 million deal with the Minnesota Wild. After suffering a hit to the head late in the 2008-09 season, Bouchard missed the rest of that season and all but the season opener of the 2009-10 season with post-concussion syndrome. Bouchard resumed play on December 1, 2010, against the Phoenix Coyotes after a 13-month absence, having missed 112 games. Bouchard scored a goal in his second game back, a loss to the Calgary Flames by a score of 3-2 in a shootout.
On July 5, 2013, Bouchard signed a one-year, $2.0 million deal with the New York Islanders. He was traded to the Chicago Blackhawks along with Peter Regin on February 6, 2014 in exchange for a 2014 fourth-round draft pick and assigned to the Blackhawk's American Hockey League affiliate, the Rockford IceHogs.
On July 8, 2014, Bouchard signed a one-year contract with Swiss club, EV Zug of the NLA. The contract also included an NHL out clause if he could reach a deal with a club prior to July 15. In his debut season with Zug in 2014–15, Bouchard's transition was seamless in producing as their top line centre with 51 points in 49 games. On December 23, 2014, Bouchard was signed to a two-year contract extension with Zug.
Regular season and playoffs
|2013–14||New York Islanders||NHL||28||4||5||9||12||—||—||—||—||—|
|2013–14||Bridgeport Sound Tigers||AHL||20||6||11||17||4||—||—||—||—||—|
- "Let's Go for a Spin (NHL Video)". NHL.com. Retrieved 2011-02-27.
- "Bouchard gets multi-year deal". Star Tribune. 2008-07-26. Retrieved 2008-10-21.
- "Bouchard resumes contact drills after concussion". Washington Post. 2010-10-25. Retrieved 2010-10-26.[dead link]
- "New York Islanders - Islanders Acquire Fourth-Round Pick from Chicago". National Hockey League. February 7, 2014. Retrieved February 7, 2014.
- "Chicago Blackhawks acquire Peter Regin, Pierre-Marc Bouchard from New York Islanders". National Hockey League. February 6, 2014. Retrieved February 7, 2014.
- "More than 600 games; Pierre-Marc Bouchard signs with EV Zug". swisshockeynews.ch. 2014-07-08. Retrieved 2014-07-08.
- "Bouchard extends with Zug until 2017" (in German). EV Zug. 2014-12-23. Retrieved 2014-12-24.
- Pierre-Marc Bouchard's player profile at NHL.com
- Pierre-Marc Bouchard's career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
- Pierre-Marc Bouchard's profile at ESPN.com
|Awards and achievements|
|CHL Player of the Year
|Mike Bossy Trophy winner
|Minnesota Wild first round draft pick