Pieter Biesboer (born 1944), is a Dutch art historian and prolific writer on 17th-century Dutch art. His specialty is art from Haarlem.
He was curator at Stedelijk Museum het Prinsenhof in Delft during the years 1973-1976, and left that museum to become curator of old masters at the Frans Hals Museum in Haarlem, where he remained until retirement in 2009. His publications include exhibition catalogs and research publications as well as important work for the Getty Research Institute on the Thieme-Becker catalog. After his retirement he began working on the Haarlem pages of the Getty Provenance Index.
- Frans Hals, by Seymour Slive, Pieter Biesboer and others, 1989, ISBN 3791310321
- Judith Leyster: a Dutch master and her world, by James A. Welu, Pieter Biesboer, Haarlem, Frans Hals Museum, Waanders, 1993
- De Vlamingen in Haarlem, Zwolle, Waanders, 1997
- Collections of paintings in Haarlem, 1572-1745, by P Biesboer; Carol Togneri, Los Angeles, Getty Provenance Index, Getty Research Institute, 2001
- Pieter Claesz: Master of Haarlem Still Life, by Pieter Biesboer and others, Zwolle, Waanders Publishers, 2004
- De Gouden Eeuw begint in Haarlem, by Pieter Biesboer, Haarlem, Frans Hals Museum & NAi, 2008
- Painting family : the De Brays : master painters of the 17th century Holland, by Pieter Biesboer, Zwolle, Waanders, 2008