Pillow Talk (TV series)
|Written by||Rebecca Leow 洪汐|
|Opening theme||伴 by Tiger Huang 黃小琥|
|Country of origin||Singapore|
|No. of episodes||21|
|Producer(s)||Chong Liung Man 张龙敏|
|Running time||approx. 45 minutes|
|Original network||MediaCorp Channel 8|
|Picture format||16:9 Widescreen|
|Original release||2 April – 30 April 2012|
|Preceded by||Unriddle 2|
|Followed by||Absolutely Charming|
Pillow Talk (simplified Chinese: 再见单人床) is a Singaporean Chinese drama which will be telecast on Singapore's free-to-air channel, MediaCorp Channel 8. It made its debut on 2 April 2012. This drama serial consists of 21 episodes, and will be screened on every weekday night at 9:00 pm.
This serial is a spin-off to the popular 2007 drama Mars Vs Venus. Award-winning director Chong Liung Man replaces Li Ning Qiang as executive producer (EP) of Pillow Talk since the latter has retired. The scriptwriter for both shows remain unchanged. On the other hand, cast members are largely different. Only Pierre Png remains as Huang Biren and Jesseca Liu have left MediaCorp while Tay Ping Hui was busy filming Rescue 995 and Unriddle 2.
How exactly are men different from women? How exactly does being in love differ from being married?
A couple tied the knot because they yearned to wed. The bride's parents divorced three days after her marriage because they had tolerated each other to breaking point after their long years of marriage.
This drama paints the married life of four wedded couples: a pair of newly-weds enjoying nuptial bliss; a couple married for seven years struggling for survival in the midst of establishing their careers and raising children, and whose marriage is showing cracks yet they are clueless about managing the strained relationship; a middle-aged couple married for decades who try but fail to change each other's ways, and who long to end their marriage to gain freedom but eventually realising that they are inseparable; an old loving couple who bicker to spice up their lives, and having understood the essence of marriage, manage their monotonous married life with wisdom.
Apart from exploring the meaning of marriage, the drama provides tips to preserve a marriage in a light-hearted manner. By educating through entertainment, viewers learn to appreciate that as "Home is not a place to reason, but to love", it is an art to maintain a relationship and that the true meaning of marriage hinges on patience, wisdom and love. How exactly are men different from women? How exactly does being in love differ from being married?
|Joanne Peh||Zhang Qiuxue||Tingkai's wife
Qiuyu's younger sister
|Pierre Png||He Tingkai||Qiuxue's husband|
|Thomas Ong||Zhang Qiuyu||Banker
|Michelle Chia||Liang Chuning||Ex-accountant, now a housewife
|Zhu Houren||Zhang Qian||Ex-actor
Qiuyu and Qiuxue's father
|Xiang Yun||Mao Yunling||Qiuyu and Qiuxue's mother|
|Chen Shucheng||He Guangming||Taxi driver
Tingkai's father, most likely foster
|Hong Huifang||Lu Peifen||Tingkai's mother, most likely foster|
- Mars vs Venus's Chinese name is 幸福双人床 (literally Lucky Double Bed), whereas this drama's is 再见单人床, which translates to "Seeing the Single Bed again". 再见单人床 can also be interpreted as saying goodbye to the single bed, implying one is going to get married.
- This drama marks Jacelyn Tay's return to drama after a 6-year hiatus when she was last seen in Love Conceirge (Dec 2005).
- This drama had planned to broadcast 20 episodes, but however there would be an additional episode due to overruns in filming.
|Country of Broadcast||Broadcasting Network||Debut||Finale|
|Malaysia||Astro Shuang Xing||11 August 2012 at 5.30pm, weekends||15 September 2012|
Star Awards 2013 nominations
- Rebecca Leow was nominated for Best Screenplay, but the award went to Lau Ching Poon and Cynthia Chong Mei Ying for Don't Stop Believin'.
- Steve Wong Kwok Chung was nominated for Best Drama Cameraman, but the award went to Toh Meng Teck for Unriddle 2.
- Xu Ying Ying was nominated for Best Costume and Image Design, however she clinched the award for Joys of Life.
- Pierre Png and Thomas Ong were both nominated for Best Actor, but the award went to Christopher Lee for Show Hand.
- Joanne Peh was nominated for Best Actress, but the award went to Rui En for Unriddle 2.
- Zhu Houren was nominated for Best Supporting Actor, but the award went to Tay Ping Hui for Unriddle 2.
- Xiang Yun was nominated for Best Supporting Actress, but the award went to Lin Meijiao for Game Plan.
- This drama serial clinched the Best Drama Serial award.