From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Pintado means "painted" in Spanish or "spotted" in Portuguese and may refer to:
- Cape petrel, also known as pintado petrel, a seabird whose range includes Antarctica and New Zealand
- Spotted sorubim Pseudoplatystoma corruscans, a catfish-like species of South American rivers
- (less often:) tiger sorubim Pseudoplatystoma fasciatum, known as cachara throughout most of Brazil but as pintado in the Amazon region
- Cero Scomberomorus regalis, a large, spotted, mackerel-like fish, whose range includes the Florida coast and the West Indies, after which two USS Pintado ships were named
- USS Pintado (SS-387) (1943-1969), a Balao class-submarine named for the fish
- USS Pintado (SSN-672) (1967-1998), a Sturgeon-class attack submarine named for the fish
- Cerro Pintado, a mountain in South America
- A sombrero pintado, a style of Panama hat
- Pintados, a used by Spanish colonists to describe indigenous people with tattooed bodies residing on the islands of Cebu, Bohol, Samar and Leyte in the Biçayas (Visayas) region of the Philippines
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Pintado.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.