This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Motto||Knowledge and Competence|
|President||Charles E. Callahan III|
|Provost||Charles E. Callahan IIll|
|Location||New York City (Forest Hills, Queens), New York, United States|
Plaza College is a for-profit in Forest Hills, Queens, New York, primarily offering associate's degrees. Founded in 1916, it is regionally accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. Plaza offers educational programs in business, information technology, liberal arts, and allied health. Plaza provides day, evening and weekend classes. Some resources include an expanded library, Internet Center, Assessment Center, Medical Simulation Lab and Campus Store.
In 1916, Plaza College was founded as an independent institution in Long Island City. It moved to a location in Jackson Heights, in 1970. In July 2014, Plaza College moved to a new campus on Queens Boulevard in Forest Hills.
In 2016, Plaza College celebrated its 100-year anniversary.
In late November 2016, Charles Callahan Jr died. He served as President of Plaza College for 63 years. His son, Charles Callahan III, took over as President on the interim basis. In December 2016, Charles Callahan III was officially named new President of Plaza College.
- Medical Assisting
- Computer Business Support Specialist
- Information Sciences
- Business Administration
- Office Technologies
- Accounting and Information Systems
- Health Services Information Technology
- Business Administration-Management
- Patient Information Management
- "Plaza College - The College Board". College Board. Retrieved 27 January 2016.
- "Plaza College". U.S. News & World Report. Retrieved 27 January 2016.
- "Two-Year Colleges - 2010". Google Books via Peterson's. Retrieved 27 January 2016.
- "Middle States Commission on Higher Education". msche.org. Retrieved 27 January 2016.