|Look up Pliny in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Pliny may refer to:
People from antiquity
- Pliny the Elder (23 AD–79 AD), ancient Roman nobleman, scientist and historian, author of Naturalis Historia, "Pliny's Natural History"
- Pliny the Younger (died 113), ancient Roman statesman, orator, and writer; nephew and adopted son of Pliny the Elder
People from the modern era
- Pliny Chase (1820–1886), American scientist, mathematician, and educator
- Pliny Earle (disambiguation), several people
- Pliny Earle Goddard (1869–1928), American linguist and ethnologist
- Pliny Fisk III (born 1944), co-founder and co-director of the Center for Maximum Potential Building Systems (CMPBS)
- Pliny Norcross (1838–1915), Wisconsin politician
- Pliny W. Williamson (1876–1958), New York politician
- Epistulae (Pliny), the letters of Pliny the Younger
- Medicina Plinii, a 4th-century compilation of pharmacological remedies by anonymous author
- Natural History (Pliny), an encyclopedia published by Pliny the Elder
- Pliny the Elder, the flagship beer of the Russian River Brewing Company
- Pliny the Younger, a seasonal (February) beer of the Russian River Brewing Company
- Plinia, a genus of the botanical family Myrtaceae
- Plinio (disambiguation)
- Plinius (crater), a lunar impact crater
- Plinian eruption, volcanic eruptions marked by their similarity to the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in AD 79 (as described in a letter written by Pliny the Younger)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Pliny.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.