Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up Pliny in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Pliny may refer to:
People from antiquity
- Pliny the Elder (23 AD–79 AD), ancient Roman nobleman, scientist and historian, author of Naturalis Historia, "Pliny's Natural History"
- Pliny the Younger (died 113), ancient Roman statesman, orator, and writer; nephew and adopted son of Pliny the Elder
People from the modern era
- Pliny Chase (1820–1886), American scientist, mathematician, and educator
- Pliny Earle (disambiguation), several people
- Pliny Earle Goddard (1869–1928), American linguist and ethnologist
- Pliny Fisk III (born 1944), co-founder and co-director of the Center for Maximum Potential Building Systems (CMPBS)
- Pliny Norcross (1838–1915), Wisconsin politician
- Pliny W. Williamson (1876–1958), New York politician
- Epistulae (Pliny), the letters of Pliny the Younger
- Medicina Plinii, a 4th-century compilation of pharmacological remedies by anonymous author
- Natural History (Pliny), an encyclopedia published by Pliny the Elder
- Pliny the Elder, the flagship beer of the Russian River Brewing Company
- Pliny the Younger, a seasonal (February) beer of the Russian River Brewing Company
- Plinia, a genus of the botanical family Myrtaceae
- Plinio (disambiguation)
- Plinius (crater), a lunar impact crater
- Plinian eruption, volcanic eruptions marked by their similarity to the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in AD 79 (as described in a letter written by Pliny the Younger)
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Pliny.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.