(Redirected from Pluralist)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up pluralism, pluralist, or pluralistic in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Pluralism denotes a diversity of views or stands rather than a single approach or method.
Pluralism or pluralist may refer to:
Politics and law
- Pluralism (political philosophy), the acknowledgement of a diversity of political systems
- Pluralism (political theory), belief that there should be diverse and competing centres of power in society
- Legal pluralism, the existence of differing legal systems in a population or area
- Pluralist democracy, a political system with more than one center of power
- Pluralism (philosophy), a doctrine according to which many basic substances make up reality
- Pluralist school, a Greek school of pre-Socratic philosophers
- Epistemological pluralism or methodological pluralism, the view that some phenomena require multiple methods to account for their nature
- Value pluralism, the idea that several values may be equally correct and yet in conflict with each other
- Religious pluralism, the acceptance of all religious paths as equally valid, promoting coexistence
- Holding multiple ecclesiastical offices; see "Pluralism" at Benefice
- Cosmic pluralism, the belief in numerous other worlds beyond the Earth, which may possess the conditions suitable for life
- Cultural pluralism, when small groups within a larger society maintain their unique cultural identities
- Pluralist commonwealth, a systemic model of wealth democratization
- Pluralism in economics, a campaign to enrich the academic discipline of economics
- Plurality (disambiguation)
- Journal of Legal Pluralism, a peer-reviewed academic journal that focuses on legal pluralism
- Global Centre for Pluralism, an international centre for research of pluralist societies
- Multiculturalism, the existence of multiple cultural traditions within a single country
- Postmodernism, a broad movement in the late-20th century skeptical toward grand narratives or ideologies
- All pages beginning with "Pluralism" or "Pluralist"
- All pages with titles containing Pluralism
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Pluralism.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.