From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Pohjanmaa in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Pohjanmaa (Swedish: Österbotten, English: Ostrobothnia) is a Finnish word meaning "lowlands", and may refer to:
- Pohjanmaa, former name of Ostrobothnia (historical province), comprising a large western and northern part of modern Finland, belonging to Sweden until 1809
- Pohjanmaan lääni or Ostrobothnia County, a county of the Swedish Empire from 1634 to 1775
- Pohjois-Pohjanmaan maakunta or Northern Ostrobothnia, a region in Finland
- Etelä-Pohjanmaan maakunta or Southern Ostrobothnia, a region of Finland that includes the city of Seinäjoki
- Pohjanmaan maakunta or Ostrobothnia (region), a region in western Finland
- Keski-Pohjanmaan maakunta or Central Ostrobothnia, a region of Finland
- Pojanmaa or Pojama, a type of warship built for the Swedish archipelago fleet in the late 18th and early 19th centuries
- Pohjanmaa, a minelayer and flagship of the Finnish Navy
- "Po-Jama People", a song by Frank Zappa on his album One Size Fits All
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Pohjanmaa.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.