|Directed by||Jijo Antony|
|Produced by||Krishnan Sethukumar|
|Written by||K. Ampady|
|Narrated by||Dulquer Salmaan|
|Music by||Gopi Sunder|
|Edited by||Lijo Paul|
|Distributed by||East Coast Films|
|Box office||₹10 crore|
Pokkiri Simon is a 2017 Indian Malayalam-language action comedy drama film directed by Jijo Antony. Sunny Wayne and Prayaga Martin play the lead roles. whereas Jacob Gregory, Appani Sarath, Nedumudi Venu, Dileesh Pothan, Saiju Kurup, Shammy Thilakan, Baiju Santhosh, Ashokan, Marshall Titto, Bitto, and Thanuja Kartik play in the supporting roles. The film was produced by Krishnan Sethukumar under the banner of Srivari films. The story, screenplay and dialogue of the film were written by Dr. K. Ampady. The cinematography is by Pappinu. The film is loosely based on the life of the Kerala fans of Indian film actor Vijay.
Simon (Sunny Wayne), Biju (Jacob Gregory) and Ganesh (Sarath Kumar) who are local boys bound by their love for Vijay. Though their parents want them to earn a living, they lead a carefree life. Arjunan Muthalali (Shammi Thilakan) and his brother Indran are petty criminals. One day, Simon and friends are returning a cutout of Vijay to a movie theater, and the cutout is hit by Indran's car, breaking its legs. In a rage, they fight with Indran and gang.
Indran is admitted to hospital and Simon is arrested by SI Satyan (Baiju). Simon is soon released from custody by CI Alex (Dileesh Pothan) who is close to Simon and the gang. Simon's father constable Yesudas (Ashokan) gets a flash drive from a fully burnt body while examining it. Goons sent by Arjunan come to Yesudas' house to retrieve the drive, but Simon fights them off. Knowing the power of Arjunan, Yesudas returns the drive and asks Arjunan to spare his son and friends.
To get in touch with Deepa (Prayaga Martin) Simon takes Ganesh's daughter Jennifer to Deepa's dance class. One day Simon drops Jenni off in front of her house after class. Ganesh informs Simon that his daughter is missing. Simon searches for her. He finds out that a racket abducts children and uses them for begging. A man from the gang is brought to his house and Simon interrogates him.
Meanwhile, Jennifer is released by the gang and is admitted to the hospital. Simon learns Arjunan is behind the racket and that some children are used in the organ trade. It is revealed that the burnt body was of doctor Jomon, who had discovered the illegal activities in Arjunan's hospital and placed the details on the flash drive. They burned his body to destroy all evidence related to the crime.
Biju had taken the copy of the contents in the flash drive hoping for an adult film in it. The drive instead contained details of Arjunan's racket. Simon and friends with CI Alex and Prof. Seetharaman (Nedumudi Venu) meet Arjunan and his gang at their hideout. It is revealed by then Alex was Arjunan's partner in crime. Alex's intention was to garner local support for the upcoming election without any expense. Hence, he befriended Thalapathy fans and joined forces with Arjunan. But the man from the beggar gang already told Simon about Alex's involvement. The fans fight the villains. Alex and Arjunan and his gang are sent to jail. Alex explains how he ended up in jail to his inmates Jude Anthany Joseph and Sudhi Koppa. Simon has become a police constable and the last scene shows that he and Deepa together watching "Bairavaa" acted by Vijay.
- Sunny Wayne as "Pokkiri" Simon
- Prayaga Martin as Deepa
- Jacob Gregory as Hanuman Biju
- Sarath Kumar as Love today Ganesh
- Janaki as Jennifer
- Nedumudi Venu as Prof. Seetha Raman
- Dileesh Pothan as C.I Alex
- Saiju Kurup as Beemapally Noushad
- Shammi Thilakan as Arjunan
- Tito Wilson as Indran
- Ashokan as H.C Yesudas
- Baiju as S.I Sathyan
- Marshal Tito as Indran
- Sajid Yahiya as Singam Suni
- Vijay Menon as Mariner Somashekahran
- Thara Kalyan as Sreedevi aka Sree, Deepa's mother
- Bitto as Moosa
- Hemanth Menon as Jomon
- Rajesh Hebbar as Jomon's father
- Renuka as Mahalakshmi
- Anjali Aneesh as Ganesh's wife, Jayamol
- Thanuja Kartik as Tessa
- Erode Mahesh as Tandoori
- Guest appearances
- Jude Anthany Joseph as a prisoner
- Hannah Reji Koshy as Mariamma
- Sudeep Kopa
- Pradeep Kottayam
- Poojappura Radhakrishnan as Hanuman Baiju's father
- Govindan Kutty as Proposed man
- Chempil Ashokan
- Dr. Shaju Sham as Proposed man's father
- KPAC Leelamani as Hanuman Baiju's mother
- Deepika Mohan as Proposed man's mother
- Sreekala Thaha as Nun's mother
- Anita Dileep
- Sreevisakh Mahendran
|1.||"Pokkiri Song"||Hari Narayan||Gopi Sunder||Karthik||2:58|
|2.||"Mampazhakkalam"||Hari Narayan||Gopi Sunder||Ramshi, Sithara Krishnakumar||4:08|
|3.||"Pullimaane"||Hari Narayan||Gopi Sunder||Sachin Warrier||3:35|
- "Sunny Wayne's next Pokkiri Simon started rolling! - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 3 October 2018.
- "It's A Wrap For Sunny Wayne's Pokkiri Simon!". 2 August 2017. Retrieved 3 October 2018.
- "Pokkiri Simon is inspired by Vijay fans of Thiruvananthapuram". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 3 October 2018.
- "#HappyBirthdayVijay: watch 'Pokkiri Simon' team's tribute to Ilayathalapathy". Retrieved 3 October 2018.
- "Pokkiri Simon". Retrieved 3 October 2018.
- "വിജയ് ആരാധകര്ക്ക് ആവേശമായി പോക്കിരി സൈമണിലെ ഗാനം". Mathrubhumi. Retrieved 3 October 2018.