Pontianak Harum Sundal Malam
|Pontianak Harum Sundal Malam|
|Directed by||Shuhaimi Baba|
|Produced by||Persona Pictures|
|Written by||Shuhaimi Baba|
|Distributed by||Golden Satellite|
Pontianak Harum Sundal Malam, also known as Pontianak Scent of the Tuber Rose or Fragrant Night Vampire, is a 2004 Malaysian horror film directed and written by Shuhaimi Baba.  The storyline of the film is a restless female ghost wants to avenge her death.
Produced by Persona Pictures, starring Maya Karin, the film is about a restless spirit (pontianak) Meriam who seeks revenge upon those who killed her. The film was a major box office success in Malaysia.
A sequel, Pontianak Harum Sundal Malam 2, was released on 24 November 2005. It is about Meriam continuing her revenge on the family of Marsani until Zali, a son of Marsani dies for saving her daughter Maria.
- Maya Karin as Meriam, the Primadonna whose death brought about the Pontianak / Maria, Meriam's daughter
- Azri Iskandar - Marsani, Daniel's love rival and Meriam's killer
- Rosyam Nor as Asmadi, Marsani's adopted son
- Ida Nerina as Sitam, Meriam's caretaker & Laila's eldest sister
- Kavita Sidhu as Anna, Norman's wife
- Eizlan Yusof as Norman, Asmadi's adopted son
- Nanu Baharuddin as Laila, Meriam's friend & Sitam's sister
- Shahronizam Noor as Daniel, Meriam's husband
- Sharifah Aleya as Rafiah, Asmadi's girlfriend
- Aziz Sattar as Tok Selampit, Meriam's dance teacher
- Isma Hasnor as (Extra)
- Juwita Ismail as Pontianak
- Hushairy Hussein as Kassim
- "Chasing Hollywood dreams". The Sun Daily. 1 December 2019.
- Linna, Esa. "Red Eyed Ghost (2004)". Elitisti. Retrieved 18 September 2020.
- Tahir Alhamzah (23 July 2018). "#Showbiz: Plenty acting offers, but money isn't everything, says Maya Karin". New Straits Times Online.
- Rudy Imran Shamsudin (8 September 2019). "Selami kisah 'peribadi' puntianak". Harian Metro.
- Dennis Chua (15 March 2017). "Maya Karin wants action roles". New Straits Times Online.