Suzy Batiz (Co-founder, CEO)|
Hector Batiz (Co-founder)
|Products||Toilet Spray, Personal care|
Poo-Pourri (also written Poo~Pourri) is a company that devises and sells fragrant sprays for toilets. These are made of essential oils and other natural compounds, which can coat the surface of the water and, the manufacturer claims, hold in bad odors. Poo-Pourri is best known for its viral YouTube advertisement, Girls Don't Poop.
In 2007, after nine months of trying sprays, Suzy Batiz and her husband, Hector, founded the company and spent $25,000 of their own to begin making Poo-Pourri. The company was advertised by word of mouth for the first six years.
In 2013, the company's advertisement video, Girls Don't Poop, starring Bethany Woodruff, made its debut and was seen more than 31 million times. In April 2014, Poo-Pourri was available at 9,000 stores, including CVS, Bed Bath & Beyond, Ulta, ACE and True Value.
By January 2016, the company had sold over 17 million bottles of Poo-Pourri, and that October, their new online video team, 'Number 2 Productions', sent out the video, How to Poop at a Party. In 2016, Poo-Pourri was worth $300 million.
In May 2014, at the 18th Annual Webby Awards ceremony, Poo-Pourri won the People's Voice Award in the Consumer Goods category and Edison Award in the Innovative Services category. That year, Giuliana Rancic picked Poo-Pourri as her 'top gift for coworkers' for E! News' Holiday Gift Guide. In 2015 and 2016, the Inc. 5,000 list included Poo-Pourri, and in 2016, the spray was one of the magazine's 27 Coolest Products. In November 2016, Kathy Lee Gifford listed Poo-Pourri as one of her 'favorite things' on the Today Show.
- Babich, Emily (May 3, 2013). "Suzy Batiz Turns Foul Odors Into Sweet Smell of Success". Dallas Business Journal. Retrieved January 24, 2017.
- Goodman, William (10 September 2013). "Poopourri Spray Promises To Take The Stink Out Of Public Pooping". Huffington Post. Retrieved 26 January 2014.
- Wells, Jane (January 26, 2016). "A Business That Doesn't Stink: Solving Poo Odor". CNBC. Retrieved January 24, 2017.
- Ryan, Molly (June 18, 2014). "When Your Business Revolves Around Poo, Marketing is Tricky. Here's How Suzy Batiz Made it Go Viral". Bizwomen. Retrieved January 24, 2017.
- [=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdCYMJCcBb0 "Interview with Bethany Woodruff ( The Girl from Poo-pourri Commercial)"] Check
- Walker, Jakob (January 25, 2015). "LDS Poo~Pourri Actress Helps Prevent National Stink". The Daily Universe. Retrieved January 24, 2017.
- Green, Shannon Rae (23 April 2014). "Watch Poo-Pourri in action in new ad". USA Today. Retrieved 8 June 2014.
- Fragassi, Selena (January 12, 2014). "How Bathroom Humor Helped Poo-Pourri Founder Suzy Batiz Find Success". Beautylish. Retrieved January 24, 2017.
- Heine, Christopher (October 6, 2016). "Poo-Pourri's New Viral Video Gives You Tips on How to Poop at a Party". AdWeek. Retrieved January 24, 2017.
- Jardine, Alexandra (October 4, 2016). "Watch Poo-Pourri's Hilarious Step-by-Step Video on How to Poop at a Party". Creativity-Online. Retrieved January 24, 2017.
- Bogard, Ally; Hoffman, Allie (December 13, 2016). "On Resilience: How Suzy Batis Rose From Two Bankruptcies to Build Poo-Pourri, A $300M Empire". Forbes. Retrieved January 24, 2017.
- Horovitz, Bruce (December 24, 2013). "Horovitz: 5 Worst Ads of 2013 More Than Stank". USA Today. Retrieved January 26, 2014.
- "Pou-Pourri Won Webby and Edison Awards". Retrieved 27 May 2014.
- "Poo~Pourri Wins People's Voice Award In The 18th Annual Webby Awards; Takes Home An Edison Award For Innovation". PR Newswire.
- Adlman, Nicole (December 11, 2014). "Giuliana Rancic's 2014 Holiday Gift Guide: For Co-Workers". E Online. Retrieved January 24, 2017.
- "Poo~Pourri". Inc. Retrieved January 24, 2017.
- Scott, Bartie (December 6, 2016). "The 27 Coolest Products From the 2016 Inc. 5000". Inc. Retrieved January 24, 2017.
- "KLG, Hoda's Favorite Things: Poo-Pourri, Shoes by Jessica Simpson". Today Show. November 14, 2016. Retrieved January 24, 2017.