Rancic at the Time 100 gala in May 2010
August 17, 1974
Bill Rancic (m. 2007)
Rancic was born in Naples, Italy and immigrated to the United States with her family at age seven. She had surgery to correct her scoliosis during her late teens. In 1996, she received a bachelor's degree in journalism from the University of Maryland, College Park, and a master's degree in journalism from American University. During this time, she worked for a Capitol Hill news bureau covering stories related to the U.S. government. Rancic also graduated from Barbizon Modeling and Acting School.
Additionally, she co-hosts E!'s Fashion Police and often co-hosts red carpet events for award shows, such as the Golden Globes and the Academy Awards. She is the creator and executive producer of MTV's Celebrity Rap Superstar, which premiered in 2007. She and her husband, Bill Rancic, star in the reality-television show Giuliana and Bill which aired on E!. She appeared in the movie Bring It On: Fight to the Finish in a brief scene. Rancic also has hosted the Miss USA and Miss Universe beauty pageants on NBC.
In 2013, Rancic, who has a history of breast cancer, founded Fab-U-Wish, a charity that grants wishes to women undergoing breast cancer treatment.
In February 2015, Rancic faced backlash over her controversial comments about synthetic dreadlocks worn by Zendaya at the Oscars, remarking that the hair looked like it smelled of "patchouli and weed".
The two have publicly discussed their fertility issues on television talk shows, having tried to conceive since approximately the beginning of 2009. The couple began in vitro fertilization (IVF) in March 2010, and Rancic got pregnant in the spring of 2010, but she miscarried at nine weeks. She had an IVF transfer for a second time in November 2010; however, the procedure did not result in a pregnancy. When the couple decided to try for a third round of IVF, her doctor recommended a mammogram, which is how she found out she had breast cancer. Despite her condition, the couple were still motivated to have a baby, so they continued with the egg retrieval and found a surrogate.
On October 17, 2011, during an interview on Today, Rancic announced she had been diagnosed with early stage breast cancer, for which she would be treated with a double lumpectomy, followed by radiation. She underwent surgery in mid-October 2011 and returned to work at E! News about a week later. On December 5, 2011, Rancic disclosed she had decided to undergo a bilateral mastectomy.
On April 23, 2012, Giuliana and Bill announced on The Today Show that they were expecting their first child, via gestational carrier, due in late summer. Their son was born in late August, 2012.
|2003||Malibu's Most Wanted||Massage girls||Credited as Giuliana DePandi|
|2005–2015, 2018–present||E! News||Co-host / Herself||Co-host since March 13, 2006|
|2007||Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer||Herself||Cameo|
|2009||Bring It On: Fight to the Finish||Herself||Cameo|
|2009||Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?||Herself||Played for charity on October 13, 2009; footage of her appearance was also shown on Giuliana and Bill|
|2010–2014||Giuliana and Bill||Herself||Reality show with her husband, Bill Rancic, on E!; originally on "The Style Network" for seasons (1–6)|
|2010–2017||Fashion Police||Co-host / Herself||Alongside Kelly Osbourne, Joan Rivers, and George Kotsiopoulos; Co-host since September 10, 2010|
|2011||After Lately||Herself||Guest Starred in the episode "Whose Vagina is it, Anyway?!"|
|2011||Miss USA 2011||Co-host / Herself||Alongside Kelly Osbourne, Andy Cohen, Susie Castillo|
|2011||Chelsea Lately||Herself||Guest Starred in the interview segment alongside her husband, Bill Rancic|
|2012||E! True Hollywood Story||Herself||Biography of her life|
|2012||Miss USA 2012||Co-host / Herself||Alongside Kelly Osbourne, Andy Cohen, Jeannie Mai|
|2012||Miss Universe 2012||Co-host / Herself||Alongside Andy Cohen|
|2013||Ready for Love||Co-host / Herself||Alongside husband Bill Rancic|
|2013||Miss USA 2013||Co-host / Herself||Alongside Nick Jonas|
|2014||Miss USA 2014||Co-host / Herself||Alongside Thomas Roberts|
Rancic was ranked #93 on the Maxim Hot 100 Women of 2004. She was also featured in People magazine's 100 Most Beautiful of 2006 issue. Giuliana was nominated Favorite TV Celebreality Star for the 2012 People's Choice Awards. In June 2014, Rancic was named "Fan Favorite" during the Daytime Emmy Awards. She dedicated the award to her six million followers on social media.
- DePandi, Giuliana (2006). Think Like a Guy: How to Get a Guy by Thinking Like One. St. Martin's Griffin. ISBN 978-0312354374.
- Rancic, Giuliana; Rancic, Bill (2010). I Do, Now What?: Secrets, Stories, and Advice from a Madly-in-Love Couple. Ballantine Books. ISBN 978-0345524997.
- Rancic, Giuliana (2015). Going Off Script. Crown Group. ISBN 9780553446654.
- Giuliana Rancic (December 5, 2011). "Giuliana Rancic to have double mastectomy" (Television production). 4:59 of 6:11 clip: Today via MSNBC.com. Archived from the original on December 5, 2011.
When they first told me mastectomy was an option I said absolutely not, absolutely not, I am 37 years old, I don't want to do that.
- Dyball, Rennie (December 5, 2011). "Giuliana and Bill Rancic Thank Fans for Prayers". People. Archived from the original on October 31, 2014.
- "Giuliana Rancic". TV Guide. Archived from the original on February 24, 2015. Retrieved February 24, 2015.
- Giuliana Rancic (official site).
- "Barbizon Modeling and Acting School Alumni". Barbizon International. Archived from the original on November 26, 2014.
- Finn, Natalie (June 22, 2014). "Giuliana Rancic Wins the 2014 Daytime Emmys' Fan Favorite Award!". E!. Retrieved June 22, 2014.
- Serpe, Gina. "Giuliana Rancic Launches New Clothing Line, Puts Joan Rivers on Notice!". E! Online. E! Entertainment Television. Retrieved 3 August 2015.
- Rothman, Michael (September 18, 2014). "How Being a Big Dreamer Landed Giuliana Rancic Her Own Wine Line". Good Morning America. Retrieved November 18, 2014.
- Toomey, Alyssa. "Giuliana Rancic Teams Up With Nonprofit Bright Pink for Fab-U-Wish™ Initiative to Help Women Battling Breast and Ovarian Cancer". E! Online. E! Entertainment Television. Retrieved 3 August 2015.
- "Giuliana Rancic Clarifies Apology to Zendaya After Oscar Night Comments About Her Dreadlocks". Amanda Michelle Steiner. February 24, 2015. Retrieved June 21, 2017.
- "Giuliana Rancic Leaving E! News". E! Online. Retrieved July 21, 2015.
- "Giuliana Rancic Returning to 'E! News'". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2018-09-05.
- Dagostino, Mark (December 16, 2006). "Apprentice's Bill Rancic, E!'s Giuliana DePandi To Wed". People. Retrieved January 23, 2007.
- E! News – You're Squired: E!'s Giuliana Weds Apprentice's Bill – Donald J Trump | Ryan Seacrest[not in citation given]
- Cady, Jennifer (February 25, 2010). "Giuliana & Bill Rancic Share In Vitro Struggle". E!. Retrieved October 16, 2010.
- Errico, Marcus (September 30, 2010). "Bill and Giuliana Rancic: We Had a Miscarriage". E!. Retrieved October 16, 2010.
- "Giuliana Rancic Opens Up About Her Miscarriage". E!. September 30, 2010. Retrieved October 16, 2010.
- "Last Chance". Giuliana & Bill. December 20, 2010. E! Entertainment Television.
- "Giuliana Rancic returns back to work at E! News just days after undergoing double lumpectomy". Daily News. New York. October 25, 2011. Retrieved November 3, 2011.
- Errico, Marcus (December 5, 2011). "Giuliana Rancic Getting Double Mastectomy: "I Will Come Back a Better Woman"". E!. Archived from the original on July 21, 2012. Retrieved December 5, 2011.
- "Celebrities who've had cancer". Newsday. Retrieved 2017-07-03.
- "Giuliana Rancic, Bill Rancic to Be Parents : People.com". PEOPLE.com. Retrieved July 21, 2015.
- Finn, Natalie; Nessif, Bruna (August 29, 2012). "Giuliana and Bill Rancic Welcome a Baby Boy!". E!.
- "Giuliana and Bill Rancic have a son; LeeAnn Rimes seeks treatment". Washington Post. Retrieved 2017-07-24.
- Rancic, Giuliana. "Maxim 2004 Hot 100".
- Gicas, Peter (November 8, 2011). "Harry Potter Works His Magic, Yet Again, With the People". E! News. Retrieved August 31, 2013.
- "Giuliana Rancic 'made Zendaya hair remark THREE times' during Fashion Police taping... despite Kelly Osbourne warning her not to say it". Mail Online. 25 February 2015. Retrieved 2017-09-09.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Giuliana Rancic.|
Natalie Morales and Curtis Stone
| Hosts of Miss USA with Andy Cohen
2011 & 2012
Giuliana Rancic and Nick Jonas
Giuliana Rancic and Andy Cohen
| Hosts of Miss USA with Nick Jonas
Giuliana Rancic and Thomas Roberts
Giuliana Rancic and Nick Jonas
| Hosts of Miss USA with Thomas Roberts
Todd Newton and Alexandra Wehrley
| Hosts of Miss Universe with Andy Cohen
Mel B and Thomas Roberts