|Screenplay by||Thuraiyur K. Murthy|
|Story by||Chetan Anand|
|Edited by||M. Vellaisamy,|
S. M. Creations
Poonthalir (transl. Budding flower) is a 1979 Indian Tamil-language film, directed by Devaraj–Mohan, starring Sivakumar and Sujatha. The music was scored by Ilaiyaraaja. The film was a remake of Hindi film Aakhri Khat (1966). The film, Sivakumar's 101st as an actor, was a success.
Ashok (Sivakumar), an artist/sculptor, falls in love with and marries Maya, a poor Keralite woman (Sujatha), but they become separated when Ashok leaves for a prolonged assignment in the USA. When he comes back after a few years and looks for his wife, he receives a letter from her that conveys a strange message to him and he soon finds out that she has died due to a terminal illness and that their child (master Anand)has gone missing. He then starts a desperate search for this lost child with the help of a dedicated police officer and whether he succeeds in his quest forms the rest of the story.
|1||"Gnaan Gnaan Paadanum"||M. G. Vallaban||Jency||4:09|
|2||"Vaa Ponmayile"||Panchu Arunachalam||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam||3:23|
|3||"Raja Chinna Raja"||Panchu Arunachalam||P. Susheela||4:30|
|4||"Manathil Yenna Ninaivugalo"||Panchu Arunachalam||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, S. P. Sailaja||4:17|
|5||"Kannin Mani Ennai Kandupidi"||M. G. Vallabhan||Jency|
- "பூந்தளிர் / Poonthaliar (1979)". Screen4screen. Retrieved 24 June 2021.
- Venkatramanan, Geetha (29 March 2012). "Drama with dignity". The Hindu. Retrieved 1 October 2021.
- https://kalkionline.com/kalkionline_archive/imagegallery/archiveimages/kalki/1979/oct/28-10-1979/p7.jpg[bare URL image file]
- "Poonthalir". Gaana. Retrieved 1 October 2021.
- "Poonthalir Tamil Film EP Vinyl Record by Ilayaraaja". Macsendisk. Retrieved 1 October 2021.