Sivakumar in 2011
27 October 1941 
Kasigoundan Puthur, Coimbatore, Madras Presidency, British India
K.E. Navel (nephew)
Sivakumar (born 27 October 1941) is a Tamil film actor who has portrayed a wide range of leading and supporting roles onscreen. Sivakumar was introduced in the Tamil movie Kaakum Karangal (1965), a film that starred S.S.Rajendran in the lead role, which was produced by AVM Productions. Apart from acting, Sivakumar is also a painter and a public speaker. He is also ambidextrous.
In recent times, he has ventured into public speaking, giving his opinion on various subjects. He has been praised for the fluency and style of his speeches.
Sivakumar came into the industry in 1965 as a supporting actor. In this capacity he has starred in notable Tamil movies such as Kandan Karunai, Thunivae Thozhan and Uyarndha Manidhan. From the mid 1970s to the late 1980s, Sivakumar was a leading actor in Kollywood, acting in successful movies like Annakili, Rosaappo Ravikkai Kaari, Vandichakkaram and Sindhu Bhairavi. He has acted in nearly 200 films till date. He has co-starred with many leading Tamil actors such of three generations, including Sivaji Ganesan, M. G. Ramachandran, Gemini Ganesan, S.S.Rajendran, R. Muthuraman, A. V. M. Rajan, jaishankar, Ravichandran, Kamal Haasan, Rajinikanth, Vijayakanth, Sathyaraj, Sarath Kumar, Prabhu Ganesan, Karthik Muthuraman, Mohan, Arjun Sarja, Ajith, Vijay, Vikram and Surya Sivakumar. He is a three-time winner of Filmfare Awards and a recipient of Tamil Nadu State Film Awards. His roles in Marupakkam and Sindhu Bhairavi showed his versatility as an actor, with the former winning the Golden Lotus Award for Best Feature Film. In the late 1990s, he ventured into television serials, and is well known for his role as Raadhika's husband in the famous TV serial Chithi.
Sivakumar is married to Lakshmi and the couple have three children; two sons who are actors, Surya Sivakumar and Karthik Sivakumar, and a daughter Brindha. His elder daughter-in-law, Jyothika was a leading Kollywood actress and his younger daughter-in-law is Ranjini Chinnaswamy.
- Ethanai Manidhargal (1997)
- Chithi (1999)
- Annamalai (2001)
- 1979 – Best Actor Award for Rosaappo Ravikkai Kaari
- 1980 – Best Actor Award for Vandichakkaram
- 2007 – Filmfare Lifetime Achievement Award
Tamil Nadu State Film Awards
- Saying it with sincerity
- "Sivakumar Educational Trust honours examination toppers". The Hindu (Chennai, India). 14 June 2009. Retrieved 21 January 2010.
- Ashok Kumar, S. R. (15 April 2003). "A chip off the old block?". The Hindu. Retrieved 21 January 2010.
- "Bringing out the 'artist' in him". The Hindu (Chennai, India). 16 February 2003.
- "Actor Sivakumar talks on books". The Hindu (Chennai, India). 31 August 2008. Retrieved 21 January 2010.