- 1852 - United States: First known labor strike in San Francisco occurs as Chinese laborers working on the Parrott granite building demand a wage increase.
- 1884 - Italy: Pilade Cecchi, editor of the anarchist publication La Questione Sociale is sent to prison for 21 months and fined 2,000 lire.
- 1903 - France: Vittorio Pini (1860-1903 ), Italian shoemaker and illegalist, dies.
- 1913 - Italy: Volonta begins publishing in Ancona, operating under the immediate editorship of Errico Malatesta until the Red Week a year later.
- 1930 - Death of French anarchist, speaker, bookstore manager and writer Antoine Antignac.
- 1939 - Emmy Eckstein, anarchist Alexander Berkman's longtime companion, dies.
- 1942 - Spanish anarchist and Durrutti Column member José Pellicer-Gandia (1912-1942) executed following a fascist military tribunal.