Portal:Fungi/Did you know/8
- ... that Spinellus fusiger is a pin mold that parasitizes several species of mushrooms?
- ... that the mushrooms Boletus zelleri, B. mirabilis, Suillus americanus, S. brevipes, S. lakei, and Leccinum manzanitae are all examples of edible boletes?
- ... that application of iron salts will turn a white coral green?
- ... that despite its name, the edibility of the rhubarb bolete is unknown?
- ... that the mica cap mushroom has glistening particles on top that are remnants of a universal veil?