Portal:Law of England and Wales/Did you know/7
From Wikipedia's "Did You Know" archives:
- ... that detonating nuclear weapons is specifically forbidden in Britain under the Nuclear Explosions (Prohibition and Inspections) Act 1998?
- ... that coroners' juries in English inquests can bring in an open verdict that confirms a death is suspicious without specifying how it came about?
- ... that in English law, Quistclose may be constructive trusts, resulting trusts, express trusts, or completely illusory?
- ... that Sir Thomas Clarke was only offered the position of Master of the Rolls after William Murray turned it down?
- ... that in the Bancoult litigation, the English courts and government first decided that the Chagossians could return home, then that they couldn't, then that they could, and then that they couldn't?