|Category:Rail transport timelines
- 1834 – Construction on the first railroad in Kentucky, linking Lexington and Frankfort, is completed.
- 1814 – Ferdinand Schichau, German mechanical engineer and founder of locomotive manufacturing company Schichau-Werke, is born (d. 1896).
- 1830 – Thomas Fremantle, director for London, Brighton and South Coast Railway beginning in 1868 and chairman of same 1896-1908, is born (d. 1918).
- 2001 – O. Winston Link, American photographer who documented the end of steam locomotive use on the Norfolk and Western Railway (pictured) in the 1950s, dies (b. 1914).
- Smith, Ivan (1998). "Significant Dates in Nova Scotia's Railway History (1900 - 1949)". Retrieved January 30, 2006.