- November 22
- 1950 – A collision between two Long Island Rail Road commuter trains near Richmond Hill, New York, kills 79, and injures hundreds more.
- 1995 – The last train crewed by a Guard on Melbourne's suburban train network runs; after this date all suburban trains are driver-only operation.
- 1997 – The British freight company Railfreight Distribution is acquired by EWS (pictured) as part of the privatisation of British Rail.
- 2004 – Edward Blossom, trolley and interurban car restorationist, founder of Dushore Car Company, dies (b. 1930).
- "The 1950 LIRR crash at Kew Gardens/Richmond Hill". January 27, 2007. Retrieved November 22, 2007.