This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
PowerEsim is electronic circuit simulation software for online switched-mode power supply (SMPS) and transformer design. It can carry out loss analysis at component and circuit level, simulation of board temperature, design verification, failure rate analysis and generate relevant reports.
One of the common circuit design simulation tool used is a SPICE simulator. This knowledge-oriented design approach tool requires a user to possess knowledge about it and about the module being simulated. Within a different kind of simulation, transformer design and simulation requires much knowledge of the physical concepts, although a transformer is just wires around a magnetic core.
To evaluate the feasibility of a user simulating a circuit without domain knowledge, PowerEsim was developed as a result-oriented approach simulation tool only requiring the BOM (Bill of Materials) and the topology used to perform the simulation.
PowerEsim also handles differential equations by using closed-form equations instead of numerical methods. Some approximations have been made to speed up calculation, leading to a steady-state simulation in PowerEsim claimed to take less than 0.1 second, 1,000 times faster than SPICE simulation. PowerEsim model components are available in the market.
- Yeung, H.H.T. Poon, N.K. Liu, J.C.P.(2006). "Component-Based System for Designing Power Supply of no Expert Knowledge Required", Jeju: Power Electronics Specialists Conference, PESC '06. 37th IEEE
- 潘毅傑. "PowerEsim——網上開關電源設計工具的原理和96%高效率的PFC實例（上）". 無線電技術月刊 第421期.
- 潘毅傑. "PowerEsim——網上開關電源設計工具的原理和96%高效率的PFC實例（下）". 無線電技術月刊 第422期.
- 杨文广, 杨玉岗, 李洪珠, 高奇 (2009). "基于PowerEsim的开关电源的高频变压器设计 Design of high-frequency transformer for switching power supply based on PowerEsim". 仪器仪表用户 16(2), 70–71.
- Poon, N. K. & Liu, C. P. Investigation on Designing Procedure of Power Supply, IEEE Power Electronics and Motion Control Conference, 2009. IPEMC '09.
- Yick Po Chan Man Hay Pong Leakage Inductance Calculation of Complex Transformer Constructions based on a Simple Two-Coil Inductor Model Power Electronics Specialists Conference, 2006. PESC '06. 37th IEEE
- BCD provide full feature PowerEsim for trial
- Rubadue provide full feature magnetic builder for trial
|This simulation software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|