|Status||Production completed (2014)|
As of 2014 the design is no longer indicated as available on the company website.
Design and development
The Evolution was designed to comply with the Fédération Aéronautique Internationale microlight category. It features a cable-braced hang glider-style high-wing, weight-shift controls, a two-seats-in-tandem open cockpit with an integral cockpit fairing, tricycle landing gear with wheel pants and a single engine in pusher configuration.
The aircraft is made from composites, with its double surface wing covered in Dacron sailcloth and supported by a composite monopole pylon. Its 10.5 m (34.4 ft) span wing is supported by a single tube-type kingpost and uses an "A" frame weight-shift control bar. The powerplant is a twin cylinder, liquid-cooled, two-stroke, dual-ignition 50 hp (37 kW) Rotax 582 engine. The main wheel suspension is provided by fibreglass gear legs.
The aircraft has an empty weight of 178 kg (392 lb) and a gross weight of 472.5 kg (1,042 lb) when equipped with a ballistic parachute, giving a useful load of 295 kg (650 lb). With full fuel of 40 litres (8.8 imp gal; 11 US gal) the payload is 266 kg (586 lb).
The aircraft is German DULV certified.
The Evolution has been flown to World Microlight Championships and also European Microlight Championship honours.
- Crew: one
- Capacity: one passenger
- Wingspan: 10.5 m (34 ft 5 in)
- Height: 2.321 m (7 ft 7 in)
- Wing area: 12 m2 (130 sq ft)
- Empty weight: 178 kg (392 lb)
- Gross weight: 472.5 kg (1,042 lb)
- Fuel capacity: 40 litres (8.8 imp gal; 11 US gal)
- Powerplant: 1 × Rotax 582 twin cylinder, liquid-cooled, two stroke aircraft engine, 48 kW (64 hp)
- Propellers: 4-bladed Junkers 170 composite, 1.70 m (5 ft 7 in) diameter
- Maximum speed: 128 km/h (80 mph; 69 kn)
- Cruising speed: 110 km/h (68 mph; 59 kn)
- Stall speed: 45 km/h (28 mph; 24 kn)
- Rate of climb: 5 m/s (980 ft/min)
- Wing loading: 39.4 kg/m2 (8.1 lb/sq ft)