|Status||Production completed (2014)|
As of 2014 the design is no longer indicated as available on the company website.
Design and development
The aircraft was designed to comply with the Fédération Aéronautique Internationale microlight category, including the category's maximum gross weight of 450 kg (992 lb). The aircraft has a maximum gross weight of 450 kg (992 lb). It features a cable-braced hang glider-style high-wing, weight-shift controls, a two-seats-in-tandem open cockpit with a cockpit fairing, tricycle landing gear with optional wheel pants and a single engine in pusher configuration.
The aircraft is made from bolted-together aluminum tubing, with its double surface wing covered in Dacron sailcloth. Its 10.5 m (34.4 ft) span Bautek Pico L wing is supported by a single tube-type kingpost and uses an "A" frame weight-shift control bar. The wing is mounted to a bi-pole type pylon, plus a front strut, which provides additional rigidity and strength. The powerplant is a twin cylinder, liquid-cooled, two-stroke, dual-ignition 64 hp (48 kW) Rotax 582 engine or a four stroke95 hp (71 kW) BWM 1150 motorcycle engine.
The aircraft has an empty weight of 198 kg (437 lb) and a gross weight of 450 kg (992 lb), giving a useful load of 252 kg (556 lb). With full fuel of 54 litres (12 imp gal; 14 US gal) the payload is 213 kg (470 lb).
- II Standard
- Base model with a cockpit fairing
- II Deluxe
- Fully equipped model with cockpit fairing and wheel pants
Specifications (II Deluxe)
Data from Bayerl
- Crew: one
- Capacity: one passenger
- Wingspan: 10.5 m (34 ft 5 in)
- Wing area: 14.9 m2 (160 sq ft)
- Empty weight: 198 kg (437 lb)
- Gross weight: 450 kg (992 lb)
- Fuel capacity: 54 litres (12 imp gal; 14 US gal)
- Powerplant: 1 × BMW 1150 four stroke motorcycle engine, 71 kW (95 hp)
- Propellers: 3-bladed composite
- Maximum speed: 130 km/h (81 mph; 70 kn)
- Cruise speed: 100 km/h (62 mph; 54 kn)
- Stall speed: 60 km/h (37 mph; 32 kn)
- Rate of climb: 5 m/s (980 ft/min)
- Wing loading: 30.2 kg/m2 (6.2 lb/sq ft)
- Bayerl, Robby; Martin Berkemeier; et al: World Directory of Leisure Aviation 2011-12, page 219. WDLA UK, Lancaster UK, 2011. ISSN 1368-485X
- powertrike.de (n.d.). "Products". Retrieved 21 November 2014.