Saint John Gabriel Perboyre, priest and martyr composed this prayer in the 19th century.
This transformational prayer builds towards Saint Paul's statement in Galatians 2:20: "I live - now not I - But Christ lives in me".
Words of the prayer
- O my Divine Saviour,
- Transform me into Yourself.
- May my hands be the hands of Jesus.
- Grant that every faculty of my body
- May serve only to glorify You.
- Above all,
- Transform my soul and all its powers
- So that my memory, will and affection
- May be the memory, will and affections
- Of Jesus.
- I pray You
- To destroy in me
- All that is not of You.
- Grant that I may live
- But in You, by You and for You,
- So that I may truly say,
- With St. Paul,
- "I live - now not I -
- But Christ lives in me".