acclaimed retired Serbian basketballer Predrag Stojaković
|Word/name||pre- ("very, much") + drag ("dear, beloved")|
|Region of origin||Eastern Europe|
|Related names||Dragan, Miodrag|
Predrag (Serbian Cyrillic: Предраг) is a Slavic masculine given name, predominantly borne by ethnic Slavs, derived from pre- ("very, much") and -drag ("dear, beloved"), both common in Slavic dithematic names. It roughly means "very beloved". The usual nickname is Peđa (Pedja). It may refer to:
- Predrag Cvitanović, Croatian physicist and academic.
- Predrag Danilović, Serbian basketball player.
- Peđa Grbin, Croatian politician.
- Predrag Krunic, Bosnia and Herzegovina basketball coach.
- Predrag Marković, Serbian politician, author, and historian.
- Predrag Matvejević, known for writing and political activism.
- Predrag Mijatović, Yugoslavian football player.
- Predrag Samardžiski, Macedonian basketball player
- Predrag Stojaković, Serbian basketball player.
- Milica Grković (1977). Rečnik ličnih imena kod Srba. Vuk Karadžić.
- Katarina Stojanović (2007). Srpska imena: narodna i hrišćanska. Gramatik. ISBN 978-86-84421-51-9.
|This page or section lists people that share the same given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.|