Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up prescription in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Prescription, prescriptive, or prescribe may refer to:
- Medical prescription, a plan of care written by a physician or other health care professional
- Prescription drug, a drug available only by a medical prescription
- Eyeglass prescription, written by an ophthalmologist or an optometrist
- Custom (law), prescriptive right is enjoyed through long use
- Easement by prescription, acquisition of private property rights through uncontested use
- Prescription (sovereignty transfer), acquisition of sovereignty through uncontested use
- Period of prescription, in civil law jurisdictions, the time limit within which a lawsuit must be brought
- Prescribed sum, the maximum fine that may be imposed on summary conviction of certain offences in the United Kingdom
- Prescribed senior official, an individual who will be refused admission into Canada because of war crimes or crimes against humanity.
- Linguistic prescription, the laying down of normative language rules
- Prescriptive analytics, third and final phase of business analytics
- Prescriptive barony, a "feudal" barony in Scotland
- Prescriptive ethics, normative ethics, as distinct from meta-ethics and descriptive ethics
- Prescriptive notation, a type of Chinese musical notation
- Proscription, unrelated word sometimes confused with prescription
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Prescription.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.