Preston by-election, 1936
The Preston by-election, 1936 was a parliamentary by-election held for the British House of Commons constituency of Preston on 25 November 1936. The seat had become vacant when the Conservative Member of Parliament William Kirkpatrick had resigned to take up the post of representative to China of the Export Credits Guarantee Department.
The Conservative candidate, Edward Cobb, held the seat for his party.
|Independent||Miss F. White||3,221||4.8|
- Preston (UK Parliament constituency)
- Preston, Lancashire
- Preston by-election, 1903
- Preston by-election, 1915
- Preston by-election, 1929
- Preston by-election, 1940
- Preston by-election, 1946
- Preston by-election, 2000
- List of United Kingdom by-elections