Prince Daniel of Saxony
Prince Daniel Timo of Saxony, Duke of Saxony (German: Prinz Daniel Timo von Sachsen, Herzog zu Sachsen; born 23 June 1975) is the oldest son of Prince Ruediger of Saxony, a disputed Head of the Royal House of Saxony.
Prince Daniel was born in Duisburg, Germany. His mother was Astrid Linke (1949–1989) a commoner who committed suicide. He was raised in West Germany (Stein-Wingert), not returning to Dresden until well after the Berlin Wall came down.
After his secondary school exams he joined the army. He then studied business economics at Aachen for six semesters. He also trained in forestry and in 2003 together with his father Prince Ruediger he founded the Wettinische Forstverwaltung (Wettin Forest Service). Currently he works in the family business and organises exhibitions at one of the family palaces, Moritzburg Castle (which was the acclaimed baroque "hunting lodge" for ancestor Frederick Augustus the Strong or August der Starke in German).
Family and personal life
Before 2002, for a year, he was engaged to singer Christina Linhardt (a couple songs allude to their affair on her CD Circus Sanctuary). In 2011 he married Sandra Scherer, a scientist, and on 13 January 2013 they welcomed their first child, a baby girl named Anna-Catharina Sophie. His hobbies include hunting, culture, art, new media, computers, Internet (he built the website for his family), history of Saxony and politics. He is also a golfer and a founder of the Wettiner Golf Cup.
|Ancestors of Prince Daniel of Saxony|
- Infobox data from "DANIEL PRINZ VON SACHSEN". www.nettyroyal.nl. Retrieved 2010-10-15. External link in
- "Saxony". Almanach de Gotha (186th ed.). Almanach de Gotha. 2003. p. 342. ISBN 0-9532142-4-9.
- "Geschichte des Hauses Wettin von seinen Anfängen bis zur Gegenwart" (in German). Prince Albert of Saxony. 5 March 2003. Retrieved 15 May 2009.
- "DANIEL PRINZ VON SACHSEN". www.nettyroyal.nl. Retrieved 2010-10-15. External link in
- "Genealogy of the Royal Family of Saxony". Archived from the original on 2009-08-08. Retrieved 15 July 2009.
- "Descendants of Maria Theresa of Austria". Retrieved 15 July 2009.
- "Descendants of Friedrich August I of Saxony". Archived from the original on 2009-08-08. Retrieved 15 July 2009.
- "Was lesen und essen Sie gern, Herr Daniel von Sachsen?" (in German). Sächsische Zeitung. 13 May 2006. Retrieved 19 July 2009.
- Helfricht, Jurgen (31 July 2011). "Traumhochzeit auf Schloss Moritzburg Prinz von Sachsen sagt JA!" (in German). Bild. Retrieved 13 October 2012.
- Theroff, Paul (16 January 2013). "Royal News". Retrieved 16 January 2013.
- "Interview mit Prinz Daniel von Sachsen" (in German). Disy Magazine. Retrieved 2010-10-21. External link in
- Website of the House of Wettin (German)
- Wettinische Forstverwaltung ((Wettin Forest Service)) (German)
Prince Daniel of SaxonyBorn: 23 June 1975
||Line of succession to the Saxon throne
(Moritzburg line, disputed)
Prince Gero of Saxony