Princess Donna at the 2011 AVN Awards
January 23, 1982 |
New York City
|Other names||Princess Donna|
|Height||5 feet 7 inches (1.70 m)|
Princess Donna is a San Francisco, California based pornographic actress, director and BDSM educator. Currently she is the director of the websites Public Disgrace, Bound Gang Bangs, and Ultimate Surrender, all three produced by Kink.com. Virtually all of her performances and directorial projects have been within the genre of BDSM pornography. She has appeared as a subject or educator in a number of documentaries, including Graphic Sexual Horror in 2009 and Public Sex, Private Lives in 2012.
Princess Donna was born on January 23, 1982 in Sacramento. She became interested in photography and the politics of sex and gender equality as a teen, and studied both at New York University and its Tisch School of the Arts. While going to school she began working as a stripper, and says she later took her name "Donna" from another stripper she knew. She also started rigging and performing for New York BDSM pornography producer Insex.
Immediately after graduation in 2004 Dolore was hired as webmaster/director at a division of Kink.com, and moved to San Francisco to direct, perform and develop ideas for new websites full-time. She took over directorship of Kink.com's Wired Pussy, a pornographic website focusing on electrical stimulation of female submissives by female dominants. In addition to directing, she served as the principal dominant on the site, though other female dominants make guest appearances. In 2008 it was reported that she had directed and appeared in about 300 scenes for Wired Pussy.
Some of her first performances were as a submissive for Insex.com, but she had not performed male/female intercourse on camera until 2008: "The Training of O was the first site that combined enough serious BDSM with boy/girl sex to make me curious about trying it." In 2008, Princess Donna developed a new site, PublicDisgrace.com, which focused on the fetish of public humiliation of female submissives, and also featured male-female intercourse.
As of late 2012 she directed Public Disgrace, Bound Gang Bangs, and Ultimate Surrender. Princess Donna is also a regular "character" on the reality-based queer serial pornographic website The Crash Pad Series.
Along with Lorelei Lee, Princess Donna was the subject of Brian Lilla's 2007 independent film A Tale of Two Bondage Models, which appeared at the 2008 Tribeca Film Festival. She also appears in Graphic Sexual Horror, a 2009 documentary about Insex. She appears, along with adult performers Lorelei Lee and Isis Love, in the 2012 documentary Public Sex, Private Lives by Simone Jude, where she is interviewed about the lifestyle and workday of people who practice BDSM, and how it is becoming less taboo.
Views on sexuality
Princess Donna identifies her sexual identity as "queer," according to a 2008 interview in the Village Voice. She said: "My sexuality lies outside the dominant culture of vanilla heteronormativity. I'm everything but straight. I like girls, I like boys, I like transgender boys and girls."
She has expressed a feminist perspective on her work: "I grew up in a Silence of the Lambs culture, a culture where rape and killing women are very common themes for movies and TV shows. Society isn't afraid of sex and violence; they are afraid of women owning their own bodies and controlling their own sexuality—which is what happens in BDSM."
- 2007: A Tale of Two Bondage Models
- 2009: Graphic Sexual Horror
- 2012: Public Sex, Private Lives
- "Princess Donna Bio". www.iafd.com. Retrieved 7 August 2013.
- "Public Sex, Private Lives, a Feature Documentary on Porn Performers". 31 May 2013. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Public Sex, Private Lives - The New Documentary That Will Challenge Everything You Know About Porn". 2 May 2013. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Public Sex, Private Lives - A Documentary on Porn Performers". Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Documentary on Kink.com Stars Seeks Kickstarter Crowdfunding". 29 March 2012. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- Donohue, Caitlin (2011). "Because Princess says so". San Francisco Bay Guardian. Retrieved 2012-01-12.
- "The Princess and the Submissive", Village Voice, April 27, 2008.
- "The Training of O Turns the Tables on a Well Known Domme", Village Voice, May 27, 2008.
- "New Public Sex and Bondage Site, PublicDisgrace.com, Launches", Adult Video News, October 1, 2008.
- "Tribeca Film Festival Catalog", 2008.
- "The Princess and the Submissive", Village Voice (April 27, 2008)
- "The Training of O Turns the Tables on a Well Known Domme", Village Voice (May 27, 2008)
- "Because Princess Says So", San Francisco Bay Guardian (September 20, 2011)
- Video Interview: Princess Donna on Feminism and Porn
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Princess Donna.|