Princess Marie of Waldeck and Pyrmont
|Princess William of Württemberg|
23 May 1857|
Arolsen, Waldeck and Pyrmont
|Died||30 April 1882
|Spouse||Prince William of Württemberg|
|Issue||Pauline, Princess of Wied
|House||House of Waldeck and Pyrmont (by birth)
House of Württemberg (by marriage)
|Father||George Victor, Prince of Waldeck and Pyrmont|
|Mother||Princess Helena of Nassau|
Princess Marie of Waldeck and Pyrmont (Georgine Henriette Marie; 23 May 1857 – 30 April 1882) was the third daughter of George Victor, Prince of Waldeck and Pyrmont and his wife, Princess Helena of Nassau, younger half-sister of Adolphe, Grand Duke of Luxembourg.
Marie was born in Arolsen, then part of the German Principality of Waldeck and Pyrmont. Her younger brother, Friedrich, was the last reigning prince of Waldeck and Pyrmont. Two of her younger sisters, Emma and Helena, married William III of the Netherlands and Prince Leopold, Duke of Albany (youngest son of Queen Victoria), respectively.
They had three children:
- Princess Pauline (19 December 1877 - 7 May 1965), married William Frederick, Prince of Wied (1872–1945)
- Prince Ulrich (28 July 1880 - 28 December 1880)
- stillborn daughter (24 April 1882)
Titles and styles
- 23 May 1857 – 15 February 1877: Her Serene Highness Princess Marie of Waldeck and Pyrmont.
- 15 February 1877 – 30 April 1882: Her Royal Highness Princess William of Württemberg.