Prison Break: The Conspiracy
|Prison Break: The Conspiracy|
|Distributor(s)||Koch Media, SouthPeak Games|
|Mode(s)||Single-player And Two-player|
Prison Break: The Conspiracy is based on the events of the first season of Fox's convict drama. However, rather than playing as main character Michael Scofield, players instead take control of Tom Paxton, an agent with covert organization 'The Company', who must go undercover as a prisoner within Fox River State Penitentiary in order to ensure that the falsely incarcerated Lincoln Burrows must be executed in the electric chair. The game is split into nine chapters, all of which represent a part of the real story that the TV series followed.
It was released on March 19, 2010 in Germany, March 26, 2010 in the United Kingdom and Europe, and March 30, 2010 in North America. The game had been in development for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 for release in February 2009, but was canceled when Brash Entertainment closed down. However, ZootFly continued the development and self-funded the project for 13 months. Once the game was polished and nearly finished, it was picked up by new publisher Deep Silver.
The game has received generally unfavorable reviews with Metacritic scores of 42/100 and 40/100 for the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions respectively. The Daily Telegraph described the game as "an abject failure on all counts," rating it 2/10. GamingXP said "For gamers who don’t have problems with linearity Prison Break: The Conspiracy offers an interesting adventure. Especially fans of the TV series will enjoy the story that is based on the first season."
Tom Shea of GameSpot  says Prison Break: The Conspiracy suffers from "horribly inconsistent AI" and "sluggish controls," among other problems, while the staff at Official Xbox Magazine UK comically concluded their review of the game by saying “If you're a fan of Prison Break, why not consider assaulting some strangers and being sent to a real prison? You'll end up feeling marginally less violated than if you played this dog turd tie-in," ultimately giving the game a score of 3/10.
- "Release Date for UK is announced". Forum.deepsilver.com. Retrieved 2013-05-03.
- "North America Release Date?". Forum.deepsilver.com. 2010-02-25. Retrieved 2013-05-03.
- "News - GDC Europe: Zootfly's Troha On Trials, Tribulations Of Prison Break Game". Gamasutra. Retrieved 2013-05-03.
- "Prison Break: The Conspiracy for PC Reviews". Metacritic. 2010-03-30. Retrieved 2013-05-03.
- Guivera (2010-03-30). "Prison Break: The Conspiracy for PlayStation 3 Reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved 2013-05-03.
- "Prison Break: The Conspiracy for Xbox 360 Reviews". Metacritic. 2010-04-01. Retrieved 2013-05-03.
- "Prison Break: The Conspiracy Review - IGN". Xbox360.ign.com. Retrieved 2013-05-03.
- "Xbox 360 Review: Prison Break: The Conspiracy Review - Xbox 360 - The Official Magazine". Oxm.co.uk. Retrieved 2013-05-03.
- "univers-consoles.com". univers-consoles.com. Retrieved 2013-05-03.
- "Prison Break: The Conspiracy video game review". Telegraph. Retrieved 2013-05-03.
- "Prison Break: The Conspiracy PS3 Review - GamingXP - feel the eXPerience". GamingXP. Retrieved 2013-05-03.
- "Prison Break: The Conspiracy Review". GameSpot.com. 2009-07-23. Retrieved 2013-05-03.
- "Xbox 360 Games, News, Reviews, Videos - OXM - Xbox 360 - The Official Magazine". OXM. Retrieved 2013-05-03.