From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up procuracy, procurate, procurator, procuratorate, or procurators in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Procurator (with procuracy or procuratorate referring to the office itself) may refer to:
- Procurator (Roman), the title of various officials of the Roman Empire
- Procurator (Teutonic Knights), a position in the Monastic State of the Teutonic Knights
- Procurator of San Marco, the second most prestigious life appointment in the Republic of Venice
- HM Procurator General and Treasury Solicitor, "HM Procurator General" being one of the positions held by the Treasury Solicitor in the United Kingdom
- Procurator fiscal, the public prosecutor in Scotland
- Procurator to the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland, chief counsel to the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland
- Public procurator, a position in some Roman law systems, analogous to both detective and public prosecutor, including:
- Procurator (Russia), an office of the Russian Empire
- Prosecutor General of Russia, heads the system of official prosecution in courts known as the Office of the Prosecutor General of Russian Federation (Генеральная прокуратура Российской Федерации, Generalnaya prokuratura Rossiyskoy Federatsy)
- General Prosecutor of Ukraine
- Procurator General of the Soviet Union, the highest functionary of the Office of Public Procurator of the USSR, responsible for the whole system of offices of public procurators and supervision of their activities on the territory of the Soviet Union
- Supreme People's Procuratorate, China
- Supreme People's Procuracy of Vietnam, an office of the Vietnamese government
- Legal procurator, a warranted legal professional in several countries, including Malta and Argentina.
- Procurator (Finland), the equivalent of Chancellor of Justice of Finland in the Grand Duchy of Finland
- the head of one of the "nations", regionally based separate corporate bodies in certain universities, most famously the medieval University of Paris
- Procurator (Catholic Church): in a monastery, the monk or nun charged with administering its financial affairs
- Procurator (novel), an alternate history novel by Kirk Mitchell
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Procurator.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.