This article relies largely or entirely on a single source. (March 2018)
|Directed by||Brian Yuzna|
|Produced by||Jack F. Murphy|
|Written by||Aubrey Solomon|
|Distributed by||Progeny Films Inc.|
Progeny is a 1999 American science fiction film. It was directed by Brian Yuzna and written by Aubrey Solomon and Stuart Gordon. The film stars Arnold Vosloo as Dr. Craig Burton, Jillian McWhirter as Sherry Burton, Brad Dourif as Dr. Bert Clavell and Lindsay Crouse as Dr. Susan Lamarche.
Sherry (Jillian McWhirter), a professional woman, happily discovers she is pregnant. While this is happy news for her and her doctor husband (Arnold Vosloo), both begin having strange memories from the night of conception. Uneasiness then becomes terror when both are convinced that she is carrying something alien inside her body. Sherry's therapist Dr. Susan Lamarche (Lindsay Crouse) believes that Sherry has a psychological problem, of which Craig is to blame.
The couple contact a UFO/Paranormal college professor (Brad Dourif), who, through the use of hypnosis takes Sherry back to the night she conceived.
They discover that she was abducted by aliens and artificially impregnated. The viewer is shown this sequence several times, with each time showing that Sherry blocked or distorted certain parts of the event in an attempt to accept and understand what was being done to her.
- Arnold Vosloo as Dr. Craig Burton
- Jillian McWhirter as Sherry Burton
- Brad Dourif as Dr. Bert Clavell
- Lindsay Crouse as Dr. Susan Lamarche
- Wilford Brimley as Dr. David Wetherly
- Willard E. Pugh as Eric Davidson
- David Wells as Dr. Duke Kelly
- Jan Hoag as Nurse Ida
- Don Calfa as Jimmy Stevens
- Timilee Romolini as Devon Thompson
- Nora Paradiso as Karen Boglia
- Patty Toy as Nurse Jane
- Susan Ripaldi as Nurse Della
- Barry Morris as Immigration Officer
- Logan Yuzna as Boy Patient
- Pancho Demmings as Officer McGuire
- Lisa Crosato as Bev
|This article about a science-fiction horror film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|